How do i monitor network traffic on an interface say eth0 - Linux

This is a discussion on How do i monitor network traffic on an interface say eth0 - Linux ; Hi expert How do i monitor network traffic on an interface say eth0 i.e uploaded bytes, downloaded bytes , ports used in TCP connection date transfered on each port can u help me out , is there any command like ...

  1. How do i monitor network traffic on an interface say eth0

    Hi expert

    How do i monitor network traffic on an interface say eth0
    i.e uploaded bytes, downloaded bytes , ports used in TCP connection
    date transfered on each port

    can u help me out , is there any command like netstat that gives
    detailed information
    I am concerned abt that context information not contents

    thanks

  2. Re: How do i monitor network traffic on an interface say eth0

    manu wrote:
    > Hi expert
    >
    > How do i monitor network traffic on an interface say eth0
    > i.e uploaded bytes, downloaded bytes , ports used in TCP connection
    > date transfered on each port
    >
    > can u help me out , is there any command like netstat that gives
    > detailed information
    > I am concerned abt that context information not contents
    >
    > thanks

    Have a look at ntop.

    --

    Tauno Voipio