hi frnd pls guide me regarding how to compile in linux2.10.18 - Linux

This is a discussion on hi frnd pls guide me regarding how to compile in linux2.10.18 - Linux ; hi frnd, im sathiyadev.t, new to kernel programming. so any one of u pls clarify my issue. that i want to compile a module into the linux kernel in version 2.10.18. actually im working with cc -I /usr/src/linux- 2.6.18/ include/ ...

  1. hi frnd pls guide me regarding how to compile in linux2.10.18

    hi frnd,

    im sathiyadev.t, new to kernel programming. so any one of u
    pls clarify my issue.
    that i want to compile a module into the linux kernel in
    version 2.10.18.

    actually im working with cc -I /usr/src/linux-
    2.6.18/ include/ .c its not working.so pls who know about it
    pls help me...

    -sathiyadev.

  2. Re: hi frnd pls guide me regarding how to compile in linux2.10.18

    sathiya wrote:
    > im sathiyadev.t, new to kernel programming. so any one of u
    > pls clarify my issue.
    > that i want to compile a module into the linux kernel in
    > version 2.10.18.

    I guess you mean 2.6.18 - at least that's what I would assume from
    the next sentence:

    > actually im working with cc -I /usr/src/linux-
    > 2.6.18/ include/ .c its not working.so pls who know about it
    > pls help me...

    You don't invoke the compiler directly, you use the kernels build
    system with a Makefile. How that looks like depends on circumstances.
    You better first read chapter 2 of "Linux Device Drivers", 3rd edition,
    by Corbet, Rubini and Kroah-Hartmann, O'Reilly, ISBN 0-596-00590-3;
    which is also available as a PDF at

    http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
    Regards, Jens

  3. Re: hi frnd pls guide me regarding how to compile in linux2.10.18

    Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
    > sathiya wrote:
    > > im sathiyadev.t, new to kernel programming. so any one of u
    > > pls clarify my issue.
    > > that i want to compile a module into the linux kernel in
    > > version 2.10.18.

    > I guess you mean 2.6.18 - at least that's what I would assume from
    > the next sentence:
    >
    > > actually im working with cc -I /usr/src/linux-
    > > 2.6.18/ include/ .c its not working.so pls who know about it
    > > pls help me...

    > You don't invoke the compiler directly, you use the kernels build
    > system with a Makefile. How that looks like depends on circumstances.
    > You better first read chapter 2 of "Linux Device Drivers", 3rd edition,
    > by Corbet, Rubini and Kroah-Hartmann, O'Reilly, ISBN 0-596-00590-3;
    > which is also available as a PDF at
    >
    > http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
    > Regards, Jens
    > --
    > \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ jt@toerring.de
    > \__________________________ http://toerring.de

    thks for ur reply, after reading the book. i still have some doute to
    clariffy. wheather i have to create Makefile.into ur module file.

    -sathiyadev.

  4. Re: hi frnd pls guide me regarding how to compile in linux2.10.18

    sathiya wrote:
    > thks for ur reply, after reading the book. i still have some doute to
    > clariffy. wheather i have to create Makefile.into ur module file.

    Sorry, but I don't understand this. Please try to use complete words
    like "your" instead of "ur" etc., reasonable punctuation and complete
    sentences. Neither "wheather i have to create Makefile." nor "into
    ur module file." are (and you should start a sentence with an upper
    case letter) nor do they make any sense to me.

    Regards, Jens

    PS: Using a spell checker also can help a lot in getting your
    message across...

  5. Re: hi frnd pls guide me regarding how to compile in linux2.10.18

    hi frnd,
    actually i got clear idea about makefile. I just asked u
    that, i have to make Makefile to compile my module in 2.6.18. now im
    got clear idea adout make filr. thanks for your help.

    -sathiyadev.

    On Dec 26, 9:54 pm, j...@toerring.de (Jens Thoms Toerring) wrote:
    > sathiya wrote:
    > > thks for ur reply, after reading the book. i still have some doute to
    > > clariffy. wheather i have to create Makefile.into ur module file.Sorry, but I don't understand this. Please try to use complete words

    > like "your" instead of "ur" etc., reasonable punctuation and complete
    > sentences. Neither "wheather i have to create Makefile." nor "into
    > ur module file." are (and you should start a sentence with an upper
    > case letter) nor do they make any sense to me.
    >
    > Regards, Jens
    >
    > PS: Using a spell checker also can help a lot in getting your
    > message across...
    > --
    > \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ j...@toerring.de

+ Reply to Thread