hi all.....

ii have a problem that related to my project to build a custom device
driver (TTY)

i build a TTY device driver that will get thet data from user through
serial interface.. and send the data to network via UDP layer...

i use tiny TTY driver and porting it to kernel 2.6 device driver (i'm
using 2.6.16 opensuse 10.1)..

i've compile the driver without any error and it works when i try to
write some data directly to the node

e.g #echo data >> /dev/mytty0

but it failled when i try to open it with a terminal such
minicom...i've implement the termios to set the baud rate and the other
parameter..

when i try to debug using strace, the error happend when the terminal
try to select the device -->

select (x,x,null,null failed..error here..program exit...

the kernel error message show the error

kernel can handle dereference NULL pointer..(something like that)

EIP is at _stext+some value..

stack report...

i dont know what is the problem...

i want to know why my device driver have such a weird error like
that.....

i hope u can help me....thanx...