new in Linux Device Driver - Linux

This is a discussion on new in Linux Device Driver - Linux ; Dear Friends, I'm new in Linux device driver, and want to learn the art of device drivers programming on linux. I started reading Linux Device Drivers 3rd Edition, and also reading articles from internet. At the time of programming it ...

  1. new in Linux Device Driver

    Dear Friends,

    I'm new in Linux device driver, and want to learn the art of device
    drivers programming on linux.
    I started reading Linux Device Drivers 3rd Edition, and also reading
    articles from internet.

    At the time of programming it is going hard for me. I am trying and
    would need a little advice and help.

    what should i do ? Can I require any hardware for learning?

    I searched using google and got confused seeing the amount the data
    available.

    I found the LDD examples but these r very big examples. can I get small
    examples, it's good for beginner.

    Please do share your experiences which is helpful for me in
    programming.
    As i am sure there are many like me out there.

    Please do advice. Thank You for your assistance.

    Regards,
    Arun

  2. Re: new in Linux Device Driver

    Arun wrote:
    > I'm new in Linux device driver, and want to learn the art of device
    > drivers programming on linux. I started reading Linux Device Drivers
    > 3rd Edition, and also reading articles from internet.
    >
    > At the time of programming it is going hard for me. I am trying and
    > would need a little advice and help.

    Hmmm, it would help if you told us what exactly you tried and exactly what
    problems you had. You didn't provide any specific information at all.

    Uli

+ Reply to Thread