tvtime, open ("/dev/video0"), BT848 - Linux

This is a discussion on tvtime, open ("/dev/video0"), BT848 - Linux ; A simple grabber C program, using mmap() on a file descriptor, fd = open ("/dev/video0"...) works AFTER running tvtime (once after boot-up), but not before. Before tvtime, the picture is garbled. How do I find out what tvtime does to ...

  1. tvtime, open ("/dev/video0"), BT848

    A simple grabber C program, using mmap() on a file descriptor, fd =
    open ("/dev/video0"...) works AFTER
    running tvtime (once after boot-up), but not before. Before tvtime, the
    picture is garbled.
    How do I find out what tvtime does to make it work? What is tvtime
    changing?
    The PCI card is a BT848 type.

    -Mike

  2. Re: tvtime, open ("/dev/video0"), BT848

    "Mike" writes:

    > A simple grabber C program, using mmap() on a file descriptor, fd =
    > open ("/dev/video0"...) works AFTER
    > running tvtime (once after boot-up), but not before. Before tvtime, the
    > picture is garbled.
    > How do I find out what tvtime does to make it work? What is tvtime
    > changing?

    Grabber/tuner settings.

    http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/

    --
    vale

  3. Re: tvtime, open ("/dev/video0"), BT848

    In article <1166251271.068532.202180@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups. com>,
    Mike wrote:

    >How do I find out what tvtime does to make it work?

    Well, you could read the source.

    >What is tvtime changing?

    Tuner type, channel? Etc.

    Browsing the mailing list archive might give some answers:

    http://www.spinics.net/vfl/

+ Reply to Thread