[ANN] Tcpinfo - Retrieve TCP Metadata from the Linux Kernel - Linux

This is a discussion on [ANN] Tcpinfo - Retrieve TCP Metadata from the Linux Kernel - Linux ; Hello, I have written a kernel patch / kernel module / some user space programs to retrieve real-time metadata about all current TCP connections on Linux. They are well-tested, stable and very fast. The source and documentation is available as ...

  1. [ANN] Tcpinfo - Retrieve TCP Metadata from the Linux Kernel

    Hello,

    I have written a kernel patch / kernel module / some user space programs
    to retrieve real-time metadata about all current TCP connections on
    Linux. They are well-tested, stable and very fast.

    The source and documentation is available as GPL from my site:

    http://www.isotton.com/linux/tcpinfo/

    Greetings,
    Aaron

  2. Re: [ANN] Tcpinfo - Retrieve TCP Metadata from the Linux Kernel

    Aaron Isotton wrote:
    > I have written a kernel patch / kernel module / some user space programs
    > to retrieve real-time metadata about all current TCP connections on
    > Linux. They are well-tested, stable and very fast.
    >
    > http://www.isotton.com/linux/tcpinfo/

    I'm probably too lazy to look into it now, but could you tell what are
    the advantages over jnettop?

    Thanks,

    --
    Milan Babuskov
    http://njam.sourceforge.net

  3. Re: [ANN] Tcpinfo - Retrieve TCP Metadata from the Linux Kernel

    Milan Babuskov wrote:
    > Aaron Isotton wrote:
    >> I have written a kernel patch / kernel module / some user space programs
    >> to retrieve real-time metadata about all current TCP connections on
    >> Linux. They are well-tested, stable and very fast.
    >>
    >> http://www.isotton.com/linux/tcpinfo/

    > I'm probably too lazy to look into it now, but could you tell what are
    > the advantages over jnettop?

    Jnettop (I have never used it myself) seems to only retrieve bandwidth
    information. Tcpinfo retrieves much more metadata, such as window sizes,
    cwnd behavior, packet rtt and so on.

    Greetings,
    Aaron

+ Reply to Thread