[News] [Rival] Op-ed: Microsoft Can Find a "Wow" - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Op-ed: Microsoft Can Find a "Wow" - Linux ; Behind Ballmer's latest bloviating ,----[ Quote ] | It's no exaggeration to say that it's been quite awhile since Microsoft was | even close to fighting trim. Do you recall the last time Microsoft delivered | a "wow" software product? ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Op-ed: Microsoft Can Find a "Wow"

    Behind Ballmer's latest bloviating

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It's no exaggeration to say that it's been quite awhile since Microsoft was
    | even close to fighting trim. Do you recall the last time Microsoft delivered
    | a "wow" software product? (A colleague says "Hearts" back when Windows 3.1
    | came off the assembly line.)
    |
    | If you had to think about the answer for a long minute, I rest my case.
    `----

    Here is a "Wow"... from Linux:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

  2. Re: [Rival] Op-ed: Microsoft Can Find a "Wow"

    On 3 Oct, 11:25, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Here is a "Wow"... from Linux:

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

    Here was I thinking that Linux stuff was made by some kid in his
    bedroom and was only good enough for a print/web server ...

  3. Re: [Rival] Op-ed: Microsoft Can Find a "Wow"

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Doug Mentohl

    wrote
    on Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:33:27 -0700
    <1191422007.899653.24600@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>:
    > On 3 Oct, 11:25, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Here is a "Wow"... from Linux:

    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

    > Here was I thinking that Linux stuff was made by some kid in his
    > bedroom and was only good enough for a print/web server ...

    Impressive eyecandy. Not sure regarding its usefuless
    admittedly (though Zoom and Group show promise), but then,
    this is alpha/cutting edge stuff; some of it will probably
    end up on the cutting room floor... :-)

    Watch for it to be "innovated" on Windows Blackcomb any
    day now... any....day....now....um.....well, uh, they're
    working on it, right?

    I'll check back in 2010.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. An OS which actually, unlike certain other offerings, works.