[News] [Rival] People Run Away from Windows Vista, Even Tech Writers Who Get "Ultimate" for Free - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] People Run Away from Windows Vista, Even Tech Writers Who Get "Ultimate" for Free - Linux ; Goodbye Vista. Hello, again, to XP Pro ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft lied. | When the Redmond Empire started pitching its new Vista operating system about | a year ago, it looked us all in the eye and promised it ...

  1. [News] [Rival] People Run Away from Windows Vista, Even Tech Writers Who Get "Ultimate" for Free

    Goodbye Vista. Hello, again, to XP Pro

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft lied.
    | When the Redmond Empire started pitching its new Vista operating system about
    | a year ago, it looked us all in the eye and promised it would fly on a system
    | with a gig of RAM and a Pentium processor of 2gHz.
    | Might I say, having tried it now for most of this year . . . bullock feces.
    |
    | Full disclosure: MS did give me a copy of their top version of Vista (there
    | are half a dozen or so), "Vista Ultimate," for free, since I was then still a
    | tech writer.
    `----

    http://remims.blogspot.com/

    Vista is Microsoft’s update to ME

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Hey This Is The Big Hardware Corporations. We Can’t Make Drivers Work With
    | Vista. Please Help Us!
    |
    | No you don’t understand. Everyone will buy Vista you have no choice.
    |
    | Ok guys lets start making these drivers but just in case look at our other
    | software options. We can help Linux and Mac. Lets do that as well.
    `----

    http://nixedblog.thenixedreport.com/?p=85

    Giving up on Vista? Here's how to downgrade to XP

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | What is a downgrade? To Microsoft, "downgrade" describes the licensing rights
    | it grants to older operating systems.
    `----

    http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...e-to-XP_1.html

    s/older/better/

    Has any of the trolls in this newsgroup actually /TRIED/ Vista? We already know
    what K-man thinks.

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] People Run Away from Windows Vista, Even TechWriters Who Get "Ultimate" for Free

    > Has any of the trolls in this newsgroup actually /TRIED/ Vista?

    We don't exactly hear them singing its praises, do we?

    I tried the free beta. I think Microsoft have their development process
    backwards, because by all accounts the current release is pre-alpha.
    Bizarre!

    Not to worry; SP1 will Fix Everything®.

    > We already know what K-man thinks.

    At least the "three-legged Bactrian camel named Humphrey" can still run:

    http://www.humphreythecamel.org/

    Which reminds me of one of my all time favourite games:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenge..._Mutant_Camels

    Ah, they don't make them like they used to. They're too busy worrying
    about junk like per-pixel texturing to be bothered with insignificant
    details like /gameplay/. Oh well, there's always emulators.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    17:11:31 up 55 days, 16:06, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.21, 0.19

+ Reply to Thread