[Well, well, well... so this is why iPhone is so closed. Apple hopes that
nobody will be able to see past the binaries.]

iPhone Security Hellhole?

,----[ Quote ]
| First, the iPhone root password was broken. OK, it happens. But now it seems
| that all applications run on the iPhone as root. Can you say biggest security
| blunder of the 21st century to date?
`----

Apple is misrepresenting UNIX by being so incompetent. See links at the bottom.

Related:

Welcome to the world of iPhone development limits

,----[ Quote ]
| The problem is that even the limitations of developing Web 2.0 applications
| on Safari are constrained. The version of Safari that sits on iPhone doesn't
| support Java or Flash, two of the most important platforms for current web
| development.
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?o...87&Itemid=1023

Fully hacked by now?

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1408

Apple iPhone issue highlights security debate

,----[ Quote ]
| Most early iPhone adopters have bought into the Apple mythology which
| convinces them that anything blessed by Steve Jobs is automatically
| desirable, so we won't see a mass return of the shiny devices with their
| slick interface. Â*
`----

First iPhone 3rd Party GUI App Compiles

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, it is the standard "Hello, world." application, but it's native to
| the iPhone and uses the iPhone's GUI.
`----

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article...52223&from=rss

IPhone Flaw Lets Hackers Take Over, Security Firm Says

,----[ Quote ]
| The researchers, working for Independent Security Evaluators, a company that
| tests its clients’ computer security by hacking it, said that they could take
| control of iPhones through a WiFi connection or by tricking users into going
| to a Web site that contains malicious code. The hack, the first reported,
| allowed them to tap the wealth of personal information the phones contain.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/23/te...nw&oref=slogin

iPhone Freed From AT&T, Twice

,----[ Quote ]