Re: [News] American Antitrust Institude Slams American Justice Departmentfor Shilling on Behalf Monopoly Abuser - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] American Antitrust Institude Slams American Justice Departmentfor Shilling on Behalf Monopoly Abuser - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > Microsoft, The European Union, and the United States: A Statement by > the AAI It's clear that the U.S. government /wants/ monopolies, as much as the monopolisers. It seems ...

  1. Re: [News] American Antitrust Institude Slams American Justice Departmentfor Shilling on Behalf Monopoly Abuser

    > Microsoft, The European Union, and the United States: A Statement by
    > the AAI

    It's clear that the U.S. government /wants/ monopolies, as much as the
    monopolisers. It seems to be the very foundation of their particularly
    warped form of capitalism. In fact, they probably think that any other
    approach is "unamerican". The disturbing reality: They may be right.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    22:42:34 up 54 days, 21:37, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.22

  2. Re: [News] American Antitrust Institude Slams American Justice Department for Shilling on Behalf Monopoly Abuser

    ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 02 October 2007 22:44 : \____

    >> Microsoft, The European Union, and the United States: A Statement by
    >> the AAI

    > It's clear that the U.S. government /wants/ monopolies, as much as the
    > monopolisers. It seems to be the very foundation of their particularly
    > warped form of capitalism. In fact, they probably think that any other
    > approach is "unamerican". The disturbing reality: They may be right.

    Remember that {national monopoly}!={international monopoly}

    Some monopolies are harmful, but it depends enormously on scale. As
    non-Americans, this must be realised and action needs to be taken. Anything
    else is acceptance of imperialism and exploitation.

    FWIW, I have some family in the States and I'm not anti-American. These
    arguments are just a case of being rational, not anti anything.
    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Steve Ballmer is even monkier than his moniker suggests
    Swap: 1510068k total, 466292k used, 1043776k free, 74372k cached

  3. Re: [News] American Antitrust Institude Slams American Justice Department for Shilling on Behalf Monopoly Abuser

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 02 October 2007 22:44 : \____

    >>> Microsoft, The European Union, and the United States: A Statement by
    >>> the AAI

    >> It's clear that the U.S. government /wants/ monopolies, as much as the
    >> monopolisers. It seems to be the very foundation of their particularly
    >> warped form of capitalism. In fact, they probably think that any other
    >> approach is "unamerican". The disturbing reality: They may be right.
    >>

    > Remember that {national monopoly}!={international monopoly}
    >
    > Some monopolies are harmful, but it depends enormously on scale. As
    > non-Americans, this must be realised and action needs to be taken. Anything
    > else is acceptance of imperialism and exploitation.
    >
    > FWIW, I have some family in the States and I'm not anti-American. These
    > arguments are just a case of being rational, not anti anything.

    Monopolies are the end result of real capitalism, though; the only way
    to avoid them is to legislate and then act against them. If you leave
    it until the monopoly is truly established, then it's probably too late
    to ameliorate all the damage caused. The UK's definition of 49% is a
    good one, in that it provides an excellent warning of what is going to
    happen.

    There are some here who prefer the monopoly to be allowed to form more
    completely before taking action, though.