Debugging SCSI scanner drivers?? - Linux

This is a discussion on Debugging SCSI scanner drivers?? - Linux ; HI, I'm running Mandrake LInux and have a problem. I'm trying to talk to an older high-speed scanner, a panasonic sx-55ex. I'm pleased to see Linux supports all kinds of old and oddball scanners. But when I try to scan ...

  1. Debugging SCSI scanner drivers??

    HI, I'm running Mandrake LInux and have a problem.

    I'm trying to talk to an older high-speed scanner, a panasonic sx-55ex.
    I'm pleased to see Linux supports all kinds of old and oddball
    scanners. But when I try to scan the scanner chugs and I get "I/O
    Error". The scanner works fine with an ancient Win98 driver, but I
    don't want to use that for obvious reasons.

    Same thing when I try it with a fancy HP scanner.

    I tried the obvious debug options on the high-level driver, that didnt
    reveal anything.

    Is there a nice SCSI shim or debugger that dumps out exactly what is
    happening on the scsi chain?

    Thanks,

    George

  2. Re: Debugging SCSI scanner drivers??

    In article <1161868238.678585.246030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    Ancient_Hacker wrote:

    >I'm trying to talk to an older high-speed scanner, a panasonic sx-55ex.
    > I'm pleased to see Linux supports all kinds of old and oddball
    >scanners. But when I try to scan the scanner chugs and I get "I/O
    >Error". The scanner works fine with an ancient Win98 driver, but I
    >don't want to use that for obvious reasons.

    Have you tried running the scanner with vuescan?

    --
    http://www.spinics.net/lists/

  3. Re: Debugging SCSI scanner drivers??

    Ancient_Hacker wrote:
    > Is there a nice SCSI shim or debugger that dumps out exactly what is
    > happening on the scsi chain?

    Yes, there are 3rd party software bus analyzer tools that allow you to
    watch the SCSI protocol. For example: http://www.perisoft.net/bushound

+ Reply to Thread