few queries about user/kernel vitual addresses - Linux

This is a discussion on few queries about user/kernel vitual addresses - Linux ; Dear All, I have few queries about user/kernel vitual addresses. In my kernel module i recieve a virtual address, how can i find is this address is user virtual address or kernel virtual address in kernel space. If this is ...

  1. few queries about user/kernel vitual addresses

    Dear All,

    I have few queries about user/kernel vitual addresses.

    In my kernel module i recieve a virtual address, how can i find is this
    address is
    user virtual address or kernel virtual address in kernel space.

    If this is kernel virtual address, how can i get its physical address.

    __pa() returns the physical address for kernel logical address (low
    memory) but not
    for kernel virtual address(high memory).

    Please help me.

    Regards,
    Neeraj

  2. Re: few queries about user/kernel vitual addresses

    kushneeraj@gmail.com wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I have few queries about user/kernel vitual addresses.
    >

    > In my kernel module i recieve a virtual address, how can i find is this
    > address is
    > user virtual address or kernel virtual address in kernel space.
    >

    > If this is kernel virtual address, how can i get its physical address.
    >

    > __pa() returns the physical address for kernel logical address (low
    > memory) but not
    > for kernel virtual address(high memory).

    Someone posing as you has just posted exactly the same question, but
    with a different subject. Perhaps you contact him and you sort out the
    answer together.

    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett