Hello, I need to write a PCI driver, for a PCI Xpress bridge. My
bridge is not "transparent", it uses space after address in BAR0, to
implement some non-standard functionality. The problem is, my .probe
method does not get called. I guess this is because, a driver that is
built in the kernel already, "pcieport-driver" has already probed the
bridge and a device does not get probed twice. Is this correct? If so,
then this is really strange - I can't write a driver for a PCI bridge,
without modifying and rolling my own kernel???? This can't be so - can
someone please explain??

Thank you, Mark Galeck

PS. And why did the moderated linux.kernel group reject my question,
while at the same time allowing many messages concerning the size of
manhood and similar completely OT topics??