Development a linux distribution for a usb-stick - Linux

This is a discussion on Development a linux distribution for a usb-stick - Linux ; hi. is it possible to reduice the linux kernel so much that i could it install on an 128mb usb-stick? i want to configure & compile a kernel and install the grub bootloader on a usb-stick... plus some small console ...

  1. Development a linux distribution for a usb-stick

    hi.

    is it possible to reduice the linux kernel so much that i could it
    install on an 128mb usb-stick?
    i want to configure & compile a kernel and install the grub bootloader
    on a usb-stick...
    plus some small console programs..
    all in all i want to develop a small linux distribution on a low level

    if anybody have some informations for me..thanks a lot

    err0r

  2. Re: Development a linux distribution for a usb-stick

    err0r wrote:

    > is it possible to reduice the linux kernel so much that i could it
    > install on an 128mb usb-stick?
    > i want to configure & compile a kernel and install the grub bootloader
    > on a usb-stick...
    > plus some small console programs..
    > all in all i want to develop a small linux distribution on a low level

    Puppy is designed for exactly this.

    http://www.puppyos.com/

    DS

  3. Re: Development a linux distribution for a usb-stick

    David Schwartz schrieb:

    > err0r wrote:
    >
    > > is it possible to reduice the linux kernel so much that i could it
    > > install on an 128mb usb-stick?
    > > i want to configure & compile a kernel and install the grub bootloader
    > > on a usb-stick...
    > > plus some small console programs..
    > > all in all i want to develop a small linux distribution on a low level

    > Puppy is designed for exactly this.
    >
    > http://www.puppyos.com/
    >
    > DS

    oh thanks a lot

    i will try it and report you my experience.

    err0r

+ Reply to Thread