Keyboard Driver - Linux

This is a discussion on Keyboard Driver - Linux ; Dear sir, I have created a driver as LKM for hexadecimel keyboard.The driver will read data from parallel port(the keyboard is connected to parallel port) and put into a device file (/root/dev/mydev) that I have created using mknod command.Now I ...

  1. Keyboard Driver

    Dear sir,
    I have created a driver as LKM for hexadecimel keyboard.The driver
    will read data from parallel port(the keyboard is connected to parallel
    port) and put into a device file (/root/dev/mydev) that I have created
    using mknod command.Now I want to modify the driver to put data to any
    opened application like ordinary keyboard.Can you help me.Thanks in
    advance,

  2. Re: Keyboard Driver

    sumesh wrote:

    > Dear sir,
    > I have created a driver as LKM for hexadecimel keyboard.The driver
    > will read data from parallel port(the keyboard is connected to parallel
    > port) and put into a device file (/root/dev/mydev) that I have created
    > using mknod command.Now I want to modify the driver to put data to any
    > opened application like ordinary keyboard.Can you help me.Thanks in
    > advance,

    What you have at the moment is a character driver. What you want
    is a input driver.

    Check out the input subsystem of the kernel. If your driver feeds
    key events into the input subsystem, it can be used in parallel to
    other keyboards in the system.

    http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net/input/input.html

    You can make your life significantly easier if you have your driver
    emit scancodes which have the same mapping as an existing keyboard.

    http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-1.html

    Kind regards,

    Iwo

+ Reply to Thread