link a serial char and network driver - Linux

This is a discussion on link a serial char and network driver - Linux ; hi....i'm a new member.. may name is maroajahan... i have a problem on programming linux device driver.... i want to build a driver that have two behavior..... on user mode it will be recognized as serial char driver but on ...

  1. link a serial char and network driver

    hi....i'm a new member.. may name is maroajahan...

    i have a problem on programming linux device driver....

    i want to build a driver that have two behavior.....

    on user mode it will be recognized as serial char driver but on kernel
    kernel system will recognize it as a network device driver that open an
    UDP port and read/write that port.

    i confuse how to implement it...especially how to open UDP port in
    kernel space and how to link that both drivers (network and serial char
    driver)

    i hope you can give me a sollution on this...

    thankyou.

  2. Re: link a serial char and network driver

    marojahan wrote:

    > hi....i'm a new member.. may name is maroajahan...
    >
    > i have a problem on programming linux device driver....
    >
    > i want to build a driver that have two behavior.....
    >
    > on user mode it will be recognized as serial char driver but on kernel
    > kernel system will recognize it as a network device driver that open an
    > UDP port and read/write that port.
    >
    > i confuse how to implement it...especially how to open UDP port in

    UDP port can be opened while creating socket in kernel.
    > kernel space and how to link that both drivers (network and serial char
    > driver)
    >
    > i hope you can give me a sollution on this...
    >
    > thankyou.

  3. Re: link a serial char and network driver

    marojahan wrote:
    > hi....i'm a new member.. may name is maroajahan...
    >
    > i have a problem on programming linux device driver....
    >
    > i want to build a driver that have two behavior.....
    >
    > on user mode it will be recognized as serial char driver but on kernel
    > kernel system will recognize it as a network device driver that open an
    > UDP port and read/write that port.
    >
    > i confuse how to implement it...especially how to open UDP port in
    > kernel space and how to link that both drivers (network and serial char
    > driver)
    >
    > i hope you can give me a sollution on this...

    You do not need to re-invent a wheel.

    The character-to-network driver is called the tun/tap driver.
    Google for it.

    --

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio (at) iki fi

  4. Re: link a serial char and network driver

    Tthankyou.

+ Reply to Thread