Problem in scull - Linux

This is a discussion on Problem in scull - Linux ; HI everyone I'm reading ldd and trying to use scull. when i try "cat somefile > /dev/scull0" ,it told me "write error: No space left on device",I'm not sure if i must allocate space for scull first. Anyone please tell ...

  1. Problem in scull

    HI everyone
    I'm reading ldd and trying to use scull. when i try "cat somefile >
    /dev/scull0" ,it told me "write error: No space left on device",I'm not
    sure if i must allocate space for scull first. Anyone please tell me
    why?

  2. Re: Problem in scull

    hide1713@gmail.com wrote:

    > HI everyone
    > I'm reading ldd and trying to use scull. when i try "cat somefile >
    > /dev/scull0" ,it told me "write error: No space left on device",I'm not
    > sure if i must allocate space for scull first. Anyone please tell me
    > why?

    In scull_write try putting some printKs and see where you are getting
    returned with errors.
    scull write is assigned in scull_fops in main.c. Is your somefile size
    exceeding SCULL_P_BUFFER?

  3. Re: Problem in scull

    miline wrote:
    > hide1713@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > HI everyone
    > > I'm reading ldd and trying to use scull. when i try "cat somefile >
    > > /dev/scull0" ,it told me "write error: No space left on device",I'm not
    > > sure if i must allocate space for scull first. Anyone please tell me
    > > why?

    > In scull_write try putting some printKs and see where you are getting
    > returned with errors.
    > scull write is assigned in scull_fops in main.c. Is your somefile size
    > exceeding SCULL_P_BUFFER?

    my SCULL_P_BUFFER is 4000 (i think it's big enough) and
    my output is " ls -l>scull2
    ls: write error: No space left on device"
    " ls -l|/dev/scull
    bash: /dev/scull: Permission denied"

    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Sep 21 21:59 scull -> scull0

    'crw-rw-r-- 1 root root 253, 0 Sep 21 21:59 scull0

    I'm using x86 fedora core 5

  4. Re: Problem in scull

    hide1713@gmail.com wrote:
    > miline wrote:
    > > hide1713@gmail.com wrote:
    > >
    > > > HI everyone
    > > > I'm reading ldd and trying to use scull. when i try "cat somefile >
    > > > /dev/scull0" ,it told me "write error: No space left on device",I'm not
    > > > sure if i must allocate space for scull first. Anyone please tell me
    > > > why?

    > > In scull_write try putting some printKs and see where you are getting
    > > returned with errors.
    > > scull write is assigned in scull_fops in main.c. Is your somefile size
    > > exceeding SCULL_P_BUFFER?

    > my SCULL_P_BUFFER is 4000 (i think it's big enough) and
    > my output is " ls -l>scull2

    Possibly try writing lesser bytes. < 4000. or u mite wanna make ur
    array circular i.e. if the end is reached, wrap it top.

    > ls: write error: No space left on device"
    > " ls -l|/dev/scull
    > bash: /dev/scull: Permission denied"
    >
    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Sep 21 21:59 scull -> scull0
    >
    > 'crw-rw-r-- 1 root root 253, 0 Sep 21 21:59 scull0
    >
    > I'm using x86 fedora core 5

+ Reply to Thread