problem with GDB server help please - Linux

This is a discussion on problem with GDB server help please - Linux ; hello I am working on a target board with linux /snapgear distribution I have a hard time in configuring a gdbserver I am trying it on Ethernet connection (as I have only one serial which is used for hyperterm) when ...

  1. problem with GDB server help please

    hello
    I am working on a target board with linux /snapgear distribution
    I have a hard time in configuring a gdbserver
    I am trying it on Ethernet connection (as I have only one serial which
    is used for hyperterm)
    when I type in as

    gdbserver 192.168.16.70:9999 ./Myapp

    it gives the following message

    "Process ./Mzdnet created; pid = 101
    code at (nil) - (nil), data at (nil)"

    and when I connect with development system it report some thing like
    below

    "Remote debugging using 192.168.16.70:9999
    readchar: Got EOF
    Remote side has terminated connection. GDBserver will reopen the
    connection."

    and this will be on the host system(developement system)

    "(gdb) target remote 192.168.16.82:9999
    Remote debugging using 192.168.16.82:9999
    Couldn't establish connection to remote target
    Reply contains invalid hex digit 59"

    kindly help in this issue
    thanks in advance
    PMM

  2. Re: problem with GDB server help please

    pmm wrote:

    > hello
    > I am working on a target board with linux /snapgear distribution
    > I have a hard time in configuring a gdbserver
    > I am trying it on Ethernet connection (as I have only one serial which
    > is used for hyperterm)
    > when I type in as
    >
    > gdbserver 192.168.16.70:9999 ./Myapp
    >
    > it gives the following message
    >
    > "Process ./Mzdnet created; pid = 101
    > code at (nil) - (nil), data at (nil)"
    >
    > and when I connect with development system it report some thing like
    > below
    >
    > "Remote debugging using 192.168.16.70:9999
    > readchar: Got EOF
    > Remote side has terminated connection. GDBserver will reopen the
    > connection."
    >

    > and this will be on the host system(developement system)
    >
    > "(gdb) target remote 192.168.16.82:9999
    > Remote debugging using 192.168.16.82:9999
    > Couldn't establish connection to remote target
    > Reply contains invalid hex digit 59"

    Do you have firewalls? Is ethernet driver built in?
    do "set debug remote 1" in gdb and see for which packet its not giving
    reply.

    > kindly help in this issue
    > thanks in advance
    > PMM