RFI:Emulating large filesystems. - Linux

This is a discussion on RFI:Emulating large filesystems. - Linux ; Hi, I want to write a emulator which can emulate a disk. Basically i want to create large filesystems(~32TB) and large files(~2TB) but i do no have such huge amount of space. I want to know what it takes to ...

  1. RFI:Emulating large filesystems.

    Hi,

    I want to write a emulator which can emulate a disk. Basically i want
    to create large filesystems(~32TB) and large files(~2TB) but i do no
    have such huge amount of space.
    I want to know what it takes to develop such a emulator.
    Can somebody please direct me in this regard.

  2. Re: RFI:Emulating large filesystems.

    santhosh wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to write a emulator which can emulate a disk. Basically i want
    > to create large filesystems(~32TB) and large files(~2TB) but i do no
    > have such huge amount of space.
    > I want to know what it takes to develop such a emulator.
    > Can somebody please direct me in this regard.

    Have you went through loop devices? I think loop device is what you
    want to do.

+ Reply to Thread