Proofreader for a technical article - Linux

This is a discussion on Proofreader for a technical article - Linux ; Hi folks. I'm looking for a proofreader for an article I'm writing for Linux Journal. I'm writing the article on speculation, that is I may or may not get paid for the article depending on how they like the final ...

  1. Proofreader for a technical article

    Hi folks.

    I'm looking for a proofreader for an article I'm writing for Linux
    Journal.

    I'm writing the article on speculation, that is I may or may not get paid
    for the article depending on how they like the final version.

    For that reason, I'd prefer to give the proofreader 8% of whatever I get,
    which should be from $0 to $48 for the proofreader. I'll also see if I
    can get the editors to credit you in the article as having done the
    proofreading.

    The article involves basic "./configure && make && make install", TCP/IP
    client/server, mlockall, packet aggregation and
    fragmentation, and challenge-response authentication. Good English skills
    would also be helpful of course.

    If you feel you understand the gist of these things and have reasonably
    good English, please mail me at strombrg@gmail.com. Please don't reply to
    this message - it'll just bounce.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Proofreader for a technical article

    Dan Stromberg wrote:

    > Hi folks.
    >
    > I'm looking for a proofreader for an article I'm writing for Linux
    > Journal.
    >
    > I'm writing the article on speculation, that is I may or may not get paid
    > for the article depending on how they like the final version.
    >
    > For that reason, I'd prefer to give the proofreader 8% of whatever I get,
    > which should be from $0 to $48 for the proofreader. I'll also see if I
    > can get the editors to credit you in the article as having done the
    > proofreading.
    >
    > The article involves basic "./configure && make && make install", TCP/IP
    > client/server, mlockall, packet aggregation and
    > fragmentation, and challenge-response authentication. Good English skills
    > would also be helpful of course.
    >
    > If you feel you understand the gist of these things and have reasonably
    > good English, please mail me at strombrg@gmail.com. Please don't reply to
    > this message - it'll just bounce.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Is this on the level?

    I have been proofreading electro-technical English for a few years now. A
    bit of publication credit could be real nice.

    --
    JosephKK
    Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.**

+ Reply to Thread