memcpy() / memcpy_toio() - Linux

This is a discussion on memcpy() / memcpy_toio() - Linux ; HI All, I am working on PCIe driver and after mapping the pci address space using ioremap. I need to transfer data to pci memory. I want to know which memory copy operation to use memcpy() or memcpy_toio(), whats the ...

  1. memcpy() / memcpy_toio()

    HI All,

    I am working on PCIe driver and after mapping the pci address space
    using ioremap.

    I need to transfer data to pci memory. I want to know which memory copy
    operation to use memcpy() or memcpy_toio(),

    whats the difference amoung them and which would be faster..

    thx

    Neeraj

  2. Re: memcpy() / memcpy_toio()

    For newer version of Linux, you should always use memcpy_toio().

    Max
    kushneeraj@gmail.com wrote:
    > HI All,
    >
    > I am working on PCIe driver and after mapping the pci address space
    > using ioremap.
    >
    > I need to transfer data to pci memory. I want to know which memory copy
    > operation to use memcpy() or memcpy_toio(),
    >
    > whats the difference amoung them and which would be faster..
    >
    > thx
    >
    > Neeraj

+ Reply to Thread