GPRS connectivity in linux - Linux

This is a discussion on GPRS connectivity in linux - Linux ; How do i connect the internet through the gprs connection I have one touch capability phone set I want to connect those in linux vai bluetooth or using data cable If anybody knows how I can surf in Linux with ...

  1. GPRS connectivity in linux

    How do i connect the internet through the gprs connection
    I have one touch capability phone set
    I want to connect those in linux vai bluetooth or using data cable
    If anybody knows how I can surf in Linux with my gprs connection.

  2. Re: GPRS connectivity in linux

    "Rahul" writes:

    >How do i connect the internet through the gprs connection
    >I have one touch capability phone set
    >I want to connect those in linux vai bluetooth or using data cable
    >If anybody knows how I can surf in Linux with my gprs connection.

    Hello,

    I'm attaching what I used some years ago on Linux, and in principle
    I'm still using it sometime but on FreeBSD and UMTS cards.

    Hope it helps.

    matthias

    $Id: gprs.txt,v 1.8 2003/01/22 09:32:13 guru Exp $

    GPRS on Linux/UNIX
    Matthias Apitz

    1. environment

    Linux on laptop, SuSE 7.0
    mobile Siemens ME45 (comes with fully buildin AT-modem and RS232)

    2. PPP config parameters for GPRS on Linux

    the setup of PPP for GPRS is pretty much simple; the login/pw is
    a joke, i.e. you can use what you want;

    /etc/ppp/peers/gprs:

    ttyS0 57600 crtscts
    connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat-gprs'
    noauth
    name gprs
    ipcp-accept-remote
    noipdefault
    defaultroute
    replacedefaultroute
    idle 3600

    /etc/ppp/chat-gprs

    '' AT
    OK AT+CGQREQ=1,3,4,3,0,0
    OK AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.t-d1.de"
    OK ATD*99***1#
    CONNECT

    /etc/ppp/pap-secrets

    # client server secret
    "gprs" "gprs" "gprspw"

    3. How to launch

    just fire up (as root):

    # pppd call gprs

    the established TCP/IP link via "internet.t-d1.de" is transparent,
    all TCP/IP ports/services are available;

    DNS:
    if you need DNS the T-D1 server is 193.254.160.1

    Matthias Apitz
    Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH
    Gruenwalder Weg 28g - 82041 Oberhaching - Germany
    t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211
    e - w http://www.oclcpica.org/ http://guru.UnixLand.de/

  3. Re: GPRS connectivity in linux

    Rahul wrote:
    > How do i connect the internet through the gprs connection
    > I have one touch capability phone set
    > I want to connect those in linux vai bluetooth or using data cable
    > If anybody knows how I can surf in Linux with my gprs connection.

    What connection are you using ?

  4. Re: GPRS connectivity in linux

    amit wrote:
    > Rahul wrote:
    > > How do i connect the internet through the gprs connection
    > > I have one touch capability phone set
    > > I want to connect those in linux vai bluetooth or using data cable
    > > If anybody knows how I can surf in Linux with my gprs connection.

    > What connection are you using ?

    dku 2 cable

+ Reply to Thread