turn shared lib into static lib - Linux

This is a discussion on turn shared lib into static lib - Linux ; hi is there a way to turn libGL.so into libGL.a. I really don't want to recompile xorg... I need it to build "blender"....

  1. turn shared lib into static lib

    hi

    is there a way to turn libGL.so into libGL.a.
    I really don't want to recompile xorg...
    I need it to build "blender".

  2. Re: turn shared lib into static lib

    perltcl@yahoo.com writes:

    > hi
    >
    > is there a way to turn libGL.so into libGL.a.

    No. It might be theoretically possible, but there's no tool to do it.

    > I really don't want to recompile xorg...
    > I need it to build "blender".

    Fix the blender makefiles instead. It's much easier.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mru@inprovide.com

+ Reply to Thread