Hi Everybody,

I downloaded pcmcia-cs-3.2.8.tar.gz file and installed in our Linux PC(
RedHat Linux Ver 9.0 and kernel version 2.4.20-8)

In /usr/src directory there is a directory with Linux kernel source
i.e., Linux-2.4.20-8.

Then unpacked this pcmcia-cs-3.2.8.tar.gz file in the /usr/src
directory.

According to PCMCIA HOWTO document I installed pcmcia card services
successfully.

I took an example dummy_cs.c from /usr/src/pcmcia-cs-3.2.8/Clients
directory as my client driver.

In that I given dev_info string as "apoorva_cs".

Then I compiled this file and it created a .o file.

where should I keep this .o file?????

In the installation script added the following lines to the
/etc/pcmcia/config file:

card "APOORVA PCMCIA Card"
version "APOLLO COMPUTING LABORATORIES", "Version 1.0"
bind "apoorva_cs"

The name which I have given above as card and version, is it
compulsory to give the same name as product ID / version ID tuple of
CIS ???????????

After changing /etc/pcmcia/config file is it required to reinstall
the pcmcia kernel.

> The binding of cards to drivers is done via the
> user-space cardmgr
> program, which uses an ioctl to issue the
> DS_BIND_REQUEST.

In Cardmgr directory of /usr/src/pcmcia-cs-3.2.8/ I found cardmgr
application and cardmgr.c files.

I know that, cardmgr.c file uses ioctl to issue the
DS_BIND_REQUEST.

So to bind the pcmcia card to the driver is this file to be compiled
and executed?

If I do insmod for the client driver, then in our client driver
register_pccard_driver() routine will execute successfully and calls
attach() routine.

Is it correct????

Please guide me if Iam wrong or if any additional configuration is
required.

Thank you,

Regards,
Mahender