Empty linux/config.h - Linux

This is a discussion on Empty linux/config.h - Linux ; Hi, I am trying to compile a very simple ( hello world ) module that I saw in www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/x145.html , but I got some errors related with CONFIG_HZ not being defined. After a little research I concluded it should be ...

  1. Empty linux/config.h

    Hi,

    I am trying to compile a very simple ( hello world ) module that I saw
    in www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/x145.html, but I got some errors related
    with CONFIG_HZ not being defined.
    After a little research I concluded it should be defined in
    linux/config.h.
    My suse 10.0 linux/config.h is empty, so what is the point in having an
    empty config.h ?
    Is that the place where CONFIG_HZ should be defined ?

    Thanks in advance for your attention,

  2. Re: Empty linux/config.h

    joseluismarchetti@yahoo.com.br wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to compile a very simple ( hello world ) module that I saw
    > in www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/x145.html, but I got some errors related
    > with CONFIG_HZ not being defined.
    > After a little research I concluded it should be defined in
    > linux/config.h.
    > My suse 10.0 linux/config.h is empty, so what is the point in having an
    > empty config.h ?
    > Is that the place where CONFIG_HZ should be defined ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your attention,

    Thats Kernle's config file. See the .config in linux kernel source tree
    with respect to which you are building your modules.

  3. Re: Empty linux/config.h

    joseluismarchetti@yahoo.com.br wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to compile a very simple ( hello world ) module that I saw
    > in www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/x145.html, but I got some errors related
    > with CONFIG_HZ not being defined.
    > After a little research I concluded it should be defined in
    > linux/config.h.
    > My suse 10.0 linux/config.h is empty, so what is the point in having an
    > empty config.h ?
    > Is that the place where CONFIG_HZ should be defined ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your attention,

    Thats Kernle's config file. See the .config in linux kernel source tree
    with respect to which you are building your modules.

+ Reply to Thread