2.6 module makefile - official syntax for SUBDIRS argument - Linux

This is a discussion on 2.6 module makefile - official syntax for SUBDIRS argument - Linux ; Where can I find any official documentation for the description and syntax of the SUBDIRS argument as used in building kernel modules for the 2.6 kernel? I frequently see it used as SUBDIRS=$PWD but I would like to find some ...

  1. 2.6 module makefile - official syntax for SUBDIRS argument

    Where can I find any official documentation for the description
    and syntax of the SUBDIRS argument as used in building kernel
    modules for the 2.6 kernel?

    I frequently see it used as SUBDIRS=$PWD but I would like to
    find some documentation describing what all I can do with it and how.

    thanks

  2. Re: 2.6 module makefile - official syntax for SUBDIRS argument

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:13:36 -0500, dnewbold
    wrote:

    > Where can I find any official documentation for the description and
    > syntax of the SUBDIRS argument as used in building kernel modules for
    > the 2.6 kernel?

    In the Documentation/kbuild directory under the kernel source tree. The
    Rubini book (Linux Device Drivers) also has some description of this.

    --
    -| Bob Hauck
    -| A proud member of the unhinged moonbat horde.

+ Reply to Thread