suse 10.1 - printk output going no where ... - Linux

This is a discussion on suse 10.1 - printk output going no where ... - Linux ; I'm running a default suse 10.1 64-bit installation. I'm trying to use printk statements to help debug my driver, but I can't locate the output. It isn't appearing on the console and it isn't appearing in /ver/log/messages. Where is it ...

  1. suse 10.1 - printk output going no where ...

    I'm running a default suse 10.1 64-bit installation.
    I'm trying to use printk statements to help debug my driver, but I can't
    locate the output.
    It isn't appearing on the console and it isn't appearing in
    /ver/log/messages.
    Where is it going?

    Thanks for any help.

    Don

  2. Re: suse 10.1 - printk output going no where ...

    dnewbold wrote:
    > I'm running a default suse 10.1 64-bit installation.
    > I'm trying to use printk statements to help debug my driver, but I can't
    > locate the output.
    > It isn't appearing on the console and it isn't appearing in
    > /ver/log/messages.
    > Where is it going?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Don

    Hi
    Try to look at /var/log/kern.log

  3. Re: suse 10.1 - printk output going no where ...

    dnewbold wrote:
    > I'm running a default suse 10.1 64-bit installation.
    > I'm trying to use printk statements to help debug my driver, but I can't
    > locate the output.
    > It isn't appearing on the console and it isn't appearing in
    > /ver/log/messages.
    > Where is it going?

    This is handled by syslogd and controlled by /etc/syslog.conf.

    Steve

  4. Re: suse 10.1 - printk output going no where ...

    It looks like it has been going to /var/log/warn

    Thanks for the help.

    "mirek" wrote in message
    > dnewbold wrote:
    >> I'm running a default suse 10.1 64-bit installation.
    >> I'm trying to use printk statements to help debug my driver, but I can't
    >> locate the output.
    >> It isn't appearing on the console and it isn't appearing in
    >> /ver/log/messages.
    >> Where is it going?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> Don