USB External keyboard / mouse - Linux

This is a discussion on USB External keyboard / mouse - Linux ; Hi , I am currently working with linux2.6.16.9 kernel. When I plug in a external USB mouse or a keyboard the device gets detected and is ready to use immediately. I would like to know how can I disable the ...

  1. USB External keyboard / mouse

    Hi ,
    I am currently working with linux2.6.16.9 kernel.
    When I plug in a external USB mouse or a keyboard the device gets
    detected
    and is ready to use immediately. I would like to know how can I disable
    the hotplug feature
    and the device is not ready till manually mounted ??? I would really
    appreciate if anyone could point me in the how to umount and mount the
    usb HID devices manually.

    Thanks a lot
    Warm Regards,
    Nav

  2. Re: USB External keyboard / mouse

    "NAV" wrote:

    >I am currently working with linux2.6.16.9 kernel.
    >When I plug in a external USB mouse or a keyboard the device gets
    >detected and is ready to use immediately. I would like to know how
    >can I disable the hotplug feature and the device is not ready till
    >manually mounted ??? I would really appreciate if anyone could
    >point me in the how to umount and mount the usb HID devices manually.

    Well, don't plug them in until you're ready. The hotplug subsystem is all
    designed to make devices available as soon as they are presented.
    --
    - Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

+ Reply to Thread