how can i get a file descriptor not used? - Linux

This is a discussion on how can i get a file descriptor not used? - Linux ; hello everyone! I use "fuse" to implement a my filesystem to support a new file type otherwise regular files, directories, symbolic links. when "open" operate I need get a file descriptor, a small, non-negative integer not used, just like linux ...

  1. how can i get a file descriptor not used?

    hello everyone!
    I use "fuse" to implement a my filesystem to support a new file
    type otherwise regular files, directories, symbolic links. when "open"
    operate I need get a file descriptor, a small, non-negative integer not
    used, just like linux system call "open". How can I get this
    descriptor? Is there any system call can do this?
    Thank you forward!
    Mars Lee

  2. Re: how can i get a file descriptor not used?

    "mars" wrote in message
    news:1153467705.532979.34440@h48g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    | hello everyone!
    | I use "fuse" to implement a my filesystem to support a new file
    | type otherwise regular files, directories, symbolic links. when "open"
    | operate I need get a file descriptor, a small, non-negative integer not
    | used, just like linux system call "open". How can I get this
    | descriptor? Is there any system call can do this?
    | Thank you forward!
    | Mars Lee

    Why does it have to be a "small" integer? Big ones shouldn't conflict with
    the normal file system?

    Norm

+ Reply to Thread