Installing a RPM to a particular Directory - Linux

This is a discussion on Installing a RPM to a particular Directory - Linux ; HI I'm running a FedoraCore5 Machine... Can anyone tell me if i can actually select the destination folder where i want my package to be installed???? for instance, say i want to install anaconda in /mnt/new , how do i ...

  1. Installing a RPM to a particular Directory

    HI

    I'm running a FedoraCore5 Machine... Can anyone tell me if i can
    actually select the destination folder where i want my package to be
    installed????

    for instance, say i want to install anaconda in /mnt/new , how do i go
    about doing it???

    regards

    krish,

  2. Re: Installing a RPM to a particular Directory

    In comp.os.linux.development.system linuxnewbie :
    > HI

    > I'm running a FedoraCore5 Machine... Can anyone tell me if i can
    > actually select the destination folder where i want my package to be
    > installed????

    > for instance, say i want to install anaconda in /mnt/new , how do i go
    > about doing it???

    Please stop multi-posting, cross-post if you think it is needed.
    Just answered your question in colm.

    #bofh excuse 284: Electrons on a bender

+ Reply to Thread