PCI drivers question - Linux

This is a discussion on PCI drivers question - Linux ; HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel. Here are my questions: two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board connected by the PCI bus. what is ...

  1. PCI drivers question

    HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel.
    Here are my questions:
    two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board
    connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers
    for them? How big? How about porting one to the other?

  2. Re: PCI drivers question

    The driver should handle both. You should not need to port it.
    the Sea wrote:
    > HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel.
    > Here are my questions:
    > two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board
    > connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers
    > for them? How big? How about porting one to the other?

+ Reply to Thread