linux-wlan?? - Linux

This is a discussion on linux-wlan?? - Linux ; Why doesn't debian include the linux-wlan-ng drivers in every release. including testing? As someone who loves debian, has run it for a long time, but every damn upgrade, because I have my net connection via a usb wifi nic, I ...

  1. linux-wlan??

    Why doesn't debian include the linux-wlan-ng drivers in every
    release. including testing? As someone who loves debian, has run it for
    a long time, but every damn upgrade, because I have my net connection
    via a usb wifi nic, I have always the same problem, can't connect to the
    mirrors during install, and spend endless time later trying to get the
    net connection working again, which usually means laboriously installing
    the whole damn source, compiling a kernel, blah, blah, blah --- and only
    then, finally, can I install linux-wlan and get a net connection again.
    Why is this such a hassle? Do you have some other module for the
    prism2_usb nics?????

  2. Re: linux-wlan??

    On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:25:31 +0000, Harmon Seaver wrote:

    > Why is this such a hassle? Do you have some other module for the
    > prism2_usb nics?????

    Persuade Pizza to rewrite his drivers to softmac and submit to mainline,
    or do it yourself. Do you even have to ask when the answer is obvious?!

    -- Pete

+ Reply to Thread