auto mount for pci storage device. - Linux

This is a discussion on auto mount for pci storage device. - Linux ; Per the usb mass stroage driver, we find the system would auto mount it when the usb mass storage plug in...(FC5),, We are developing our pci (memory card)scsi storage deivce driver and find that with KDE desktop, once our memory ...

  1. auto mount for pci storage device.

    Per the usb mass stroage driver, we find the system would auto mount it

    when the usb mass storage plug in...(FC5),, We are developing our pci
    (memory card)scsi storage deivce driver and find that with KDE desktop,

    once our memory card plug in, FC5 KDE would auto open it and mount it
    under /media/disk, while with Gnome, it even not auto mounted... is it
    related to our device driver? Somethings missed to report for desktop
    notification? Thanks.

    -chueh8

  2. Re: auto mount for pci storage device.

    On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:49:44 -0700, chueh8 wrote:

    > once our memory card plug in, FC5 KDE would auto open it and mount it
    > under /media/disk, while with Gnome, it even not auto mounted... is it
    > related to our device driver? Somethings missed to report for desktop
    > notification? Thanks.

    There's no way to guess what this is. HAL is sensitive to device details,
    but since you emulate SCSI, it should not be an issue. Try to follow the
    notification stack from udev to dbus to HAL to Nautilus. Contact package
    maintainers and corresponding mailing lists.

    -- Pete

  3. Re: auto mount for pci storage device.

    I guess u r right, since we emulate SCSI for it.
    After checking,, I think I was confuzed by the different "auto-mount"
    behavior for Gnome and KDE..
    For KDE, once a device insered, it would auto-mount it and create an
    icon on desktop and "computer". so it is very obvious to user where
    their deivces are.
    While for Gnome, what I found is that, it only create an icon in the
    "computer"..
    user have to open it and double click on that icon, then it start to
    mount it to the system node..
    Anyway, I guess I can wave my questions.. Thanks.

    Pete Zaitcev 寫道:

    > On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:49:44 -0700, chueh8 wrote:
    >
    > > once our memory card plug in, FC5 KDE would auto open it and mount it
    > > under /media/disk, while with Gnome, it even not auto mounted... is it
    > > related to our device driver? Somethings missed to report for desktop
    > > notification? Thanks.

    > There's no way to guess what this is. HAL is sensitive to device details,
    > but since you emulate SCSI, it should not be an issue. Try to follow the
    > notification stack from udev to dbus to HAL to Nautilus. Contact package
    > maintainers and corresponding mailing lists.
    >
    > -- Pete

+ Reply to Thread