Hi, I've installed ubuntu 5.10 with both kernel 2.6.12-9 and 2.6.12-10
on my laptop. The eth0 interface doesn't work correctly. When I link my
laptop with another pc (with a cross cable) and I configure the eth0
with the correct address (addresses belonging the same netmask etc...),
I can't ping each other. The interface under windows works correctly,
and also with a very old kernel(I think before 2.4, I don't remember).
Listening on the other side (with ethereal) I catch some packets coming
from the interface but not the ping request.
Any suggestion?