Manipulating networking through /proc system? - Linux

This is a discussion on Manipulating networking through /proc system? - Linux ; I was wondering if it's possible to manipulate the networking stack through the /proc system. For example adding routes, setting address/dhcp, detecting, bringing up and loading interfaces. Is this possible? *** Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ***...

  1. Manipulating networking through /proc system?

    I was wondering if it's possible to manipulate the networking stack through
    the /proc system. For example adding routes, setting address/dhcp,
    detecting, bringing up and loading interfaces.

    Is this possible?

  2. Re: Manipulating networking through /proc system?

    its easy to manipulate /proc thr' C programming but you can only change
    values of tcp/ip parameters.
    i have done that but not done any thing like adding a new interface
    using /proc system

+ Reply to Thread