linux distro information. - Linux

This is a discussion on linux distro information. - Linux ; I am writing a small windowing program (commercial).I would supply my program to my customer along with the OS.Will Linux GPLs prevent me from giving the computer with OS and my application program to the customer?Are there any Linux distributions ...

  1. linux distro information.

    I am writing a small windowing program (commercial).I would supply my
    program to my customer along with the OS.Will Linux GPLs prevent me
    from giving the computer with OS and my application program to the
    customer?Are there any Linux distributions which will not impose any
    problems if I distribute the Linux as installed?
    Thanks in advance.
    Wills.

  2. Re: linux distro information.

    Wills writes:
    > I am writing a small windowing program (commercial).I would supply my
    > program to my customer along with the OS.Will Linux GPLs prevent me
    > from giving the computer with OS and my application program to the
    > customer?

    No, as long as you comply with the terms of the licenses on all the Free
    Software you include. Note that the GPL is not the only Free Software
    license under which Linux components are distributed. Just include a copy
    of the source that you received from upstream on the computer or on a
    seperate CD and you will be fine.

    > Are there any Linux distributions which will not impose any problems if I
    > distribute the Linux as installed?

    There are no Linux distributions which will cause you any problems as long
    as you remove any non-free software. I suggest Debian as it consists only
    of Free Software.

    --
    John Hasler
    john@dhh.gt.org