Difficulty in cross compiling Sqlite for ARM - Linux

This is a discussion on Difficulty in cross compiling Sqlite for ARM - Linux ; Hi, I am working with ARM920CPU. I have difficulty in cross compiling Sqlite for Target device, I followed the steps given in Sqlite. But the libraries and other supporting files for Sqlite are going to file system of Linux PC ...

  1. Difficulty in cross compiling Sqlite for ARM

    Hi,
    I am working with ARM920CPU.
    I have difficulty in cross compiling Sqlite for Target device,
    I followed the steps given in Sqlite.
    But the libraries and other supporting files for Sqlite are going to
    file system of Linux PC but not to filesystem of my target device ARM.

    I downloaded Sqlite from web and next i gave
    .... /configure --host=arm-linux/
    But its not cross compiling for ARM and i have difficulty in
    installing files of Sqlite in rootfile system of target device.

    Pls. help in resolving this problem

    Pls. brief me steps for porting SQLite to ARM processor.
    It will be helpful for me.

    Regards,
    Kirthika.

  2. Re: Difficulty in cross compiling Sqlite for ARM

    kracks wrote:
    > I followed the steps given in Sqlite.
    > But the libraries and other supporting files for Sqlite are going to
    > file system of Linux PC but not to filesystem of my target device ARM.
    >
    > I downloaded Sqlite from web and next i gave
    > ... /configure --host=arm-linux/

    Some notes here:
    0. '--host' is typically a canonical platform name, not a path, so why the
    trailing slash?
    1. SQLite might not be prepared for cross-compilation. Check this with the
    SQLite people.
    2. Typically, you also set CC=gcc-arm-linux or whatever the cross-gcc is
    called. The same goes for other similar tools.
    3. You need to tell it where to install, too. With autotools, that would be
    the path it has when installed on the target (e.g. /usr). You then
    invoke 'make install' with a different prefix or from a chroot to put it
    into a temporary dir.

    > But its not cross compiling for ARM and i have difficulty in
    > installing files of Sqlite in rootfile system of target device.

    Well, the amount of relevant information you gave is pretty much zero, you
    know that? If you still have problems, you might consider reading Eric S.
    Raymond's very good essay on asking smart questions first, because the way
    you are asking (or, rather, not asking) is not bringing you further.

    Uli

+ Reply to Thread