porting mysql to arm processor - Linux

This is a discussion on porting mysql to arm processor - Linux ; hai.. i have mysql server 5.0.41..i have arm cross compiler..and rootfs... busybox..etc..i have booted my target processor..LN2440- (arm920) but i have no idea about how to port that mysql server to my target processor.. my rootfs consists of following files ...

  1. porting mysql to arm processor

    hai..

    i have mysql server 5.0.41..i have arm cross compiler..and
    rootfs... busybox..etc..i have booted my target processor..LN2440-
    (arm920)
    but i have no idea about how to port that mysql server to my target
    processor..
    my rootfs consists of following files
    bin..dev..etc..lib..lost+found ..mtd proc.. root..
    sbin..tmp..usr..var..linuxrc...

    thankyou..

  2. Re: porting mysql to arm processor

    svnatraj@gmail.com wrote:
    > i have mysql server 5.0.41..i have arm cross compiler..and
    > rootfs... busybox..etc..i have booted my target processor..LN2440-
    > (arm920)
    > but i have no idea about how to port that mysql server to my target
    > processor..
    > my rootfs consists of following files
    > bin..dev..etc..lib..lost+found ..mtd proc.. root..
    > sbin..tmp..usr..var..linuxrc...

    Cross-compile, cross-install and run it. What exactly is the problem?

    Uli

  3. Re: porting mysql to arm processor

    On Jul 14, 9:02 pm, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
    > svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > i have mysql server 5.0.41..i have arm cross compiler..and
    > > rootfs... busybox..etc..i have booted my target processor..LN2440-
    > > (arm920)
    > > but i have no idea about how to port that mysql server to my target
    > > processor..
    > > my rootfs consists of following files
    > > bin..dev..etc..lib..lost+found ..mtd proc.. root..
    > > sbin..tmp..usr..var..linuxrc...

    > Cross-compile, cross-install and run it. What exactly is the problem?
    >
    > Uli

    hai..
    Thanks for your response.. i have cross compiled.. but the files are
    stored in my host pc not in my target rootfs file system... i am not
    sure about cross compiling procedure...what i have to change in
    makefile system of mysql..please tell me
    cc=arm-linux-gcc
    ./configure --target=arm-linux.....prefix... i used these command
    for cross-compile
    my mysql version mysql5.0.41..it contain lots of files...please tell
    me minimum files to run the mysql daemon in my target arm processor...
    i just want to run the mysqld in my target processor.. my target
    processor ln2440-arm s3c2440..

    i want exact procedure for cross-compiling

  4. Re: porting mysql to arm processor

    svnatraj@gmail.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

    > On Jul 14, 9:02 pm, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
    >> svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> > i have mysql server 5.0.41..i have arm cross compiler..and
    >> > rootfs... busybox..etc..i have booted my target processor..LN2440-
    >> > (arm920)
    >> > but i have no idea about how to port that mysql server to my target
    >> > processor..
    >> > my rootfs consists of following files
    >> > bin..dev..etc..lib..lost+found ..mtd proc.. root..
    >> > sbin..tmp..usr..var..linuxrc...

    >> Cross-compile, cross-install and run it. What exactly is the problem?
    >>
    >> Uli

    > hai..
    > Thanks for your response.. i have cross compiled.. but the files are
    > stored in my host pc not in my target rootfs file system... i am not
    > sure about cross compiling procedure...what i have to change in
    > makefile system of mysql..please tell me
    > cc=arm-linux-gcc
    > ./configure --target=arm-linux.....prefix... i used these command
    > for cross-compile
    > my mysql version mysql5.0.41..it contain lots of files...please tell
    > me minimum files to run the mysql daemon in my target arm processor...
    > i just want to run the mysqld in my target processor.. my target
    > processor ln2440-arm s3c2440..
    >
    > i want exact procedure for cross-compiling

    Why don't you look at mysql's makefile at the install section. Or do an
    install to /var/tmp/mysql and see what turns up.

    And PLEASE stop starting new threads on the same topic. It's getting
    annoying.

    Tim

  5. Re: porting mysql to arm processor

    On Jul 15, 1:10 pm, Tim Southerwood wrote:
    > svnat...@gmail.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

    > >> Cross-compile, cross-install and run it. What exactly is the problem?

    > >> Uli

    > > hai..
    > > Thanks for your response.. i have cross compiled.. but the files are
    > > stored in my host pc not in my target rootfs file system... i am not
    > > sure about cross compiling procedure...what i have to change in
    > > makefile system of mysql..please tell me
    > > cc=arm-linux-gcc
    > > ./configure --target=arm-linux.....prefix... i used these command
    > > for cross-compile
    > > my mysql version mysql5.0.41..it contain lots of files...please tell
    > > me minimum files to run the mysql daemon in my target arm processor...
    > > i just want to run the mysqld in my target processor.. my target
    > > processor ln2440-arm s3c2440..

    > > i want exact procedure for cross-compiling

    > Why don't you look at mysql's makefile at the install section. Or do an
    > install to /var/tmp/mysql and see what turns up.
    >
    > And PLEASE stop starting new threads on the same topic. It's getting
    > annoying.
    >
    > Tim- Hide quoted text -

    ok..
    SORRY..thanks for the response...

  6. Re: porting mysql to arm processor

    On Jul 16, 8:52 am, svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 15, 1:10 pm, Tim Southerwood wrote:
    >

    > > svnat...@gmail.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

    > > > hai..
    > > > Thanks for your response.. i have cross compiled.. but the files are
    > > > stored in my host pc not in my target rootfs file system... i am not
    > > > sure about cross compiling procedure...what i have to change in
    > > > makefile system of mysql..please tell me
    > > > cc=arm-linux-gcc
    > > > ./configure --target=arm-linux.....prefix... i used these command
    > > > for cross-compile
    > > > my mysql version mysql5.0.41..it contain lots of files...please tell
    > > > me minimum files to run the mysql daemon in my target arm processor...
    > > > i just want to run the mysqld in my target processor.. my target
    > > > processor ln2440-arm s3c2440..

    > > > i want exact procedure for cross-compiling

    > > Why don't you look at mysql's makefile at the install section. Or do an
    > > install to /var/tmp/mysql and see what turns up.

    > > And PLEASE stop starting new threads on the same topic. It's getting
    > > annoying.

    > > Tim- Hide quoted text -

    > ok..
    > SORRY..thanks for the response...- Hide quoted text -

    hai ..
    how can i increase the ramdisk size without recompile the kernel..
    my current ramdisk size 8M , i have to increase the ramdisk size to
    add my application...for my target processor..my target processor
    (ln2440-- os- linux)

+ Reply to Thread