mysql-server for arm processor - Linux

This is a discussion on mysql-server for arm processor - Linux ; hai.. i am new to linux ...I have cross compiled the mysql server without error.. my sql version is mysql-5.0.41.. now how can i port that application to my arm processor.. my target processor is arm920... please help me in ...

  1. mysql-server for arm processor

    hai..
    i am new to linux ...I have cross compiled the mysql server without
    error.. my sql version is mysql-5.0.41.. now how can i port that
    application to my arm processor.. my target processor is arm920...

    please help me in this regard if anyone knows about.....

  2. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    svnatraj@gmail.com wrote:

    > hai..
    > i am new to linux

    Yes, we know! ;-> You can stop saying that now...

    > ...I have cross compiled the mysql server without
    > error.. my sql version is mysql-5.0.41..

    Jolly good - that was not a trivial thing, so well done

    > now how can i port that
    > application to my arm processor.. my target processor is arm920...

    What application?

    > please help me in this regard if anyone knows about.....

    I'm sure someone will, but we need to know what you are talking about...

    Do you mean your application that you have all the source code for, that
    talks to MySQL? Have you tried to cross-compile it? What cross-compiler
    environment did you finally use to build MySQL? What language is it written
    in (C/C++/Something else)?

    Please try to describe the problem briefly, but as completely as possible.

    Cheers

    Tim

  3. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    On Jul 12, 1:55 pm, Tim Southerwood wrote:
    > svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > hai..
    > > i am new to linux

    > Yes, we know! ;-> You can stop saying that now...
    >
    > > ...I have cross compiled the mysql server without
    > > error.. my sql version is mysql-5.0.41..

    > Jolly good - that was not a trivial thing, so well done
    >
    > > now how can i port that
    > > application to my arm processor.. my target processor is arm920...

    > What application?
    >

    > > please help me in this regard if anyone knows about.....

    > I'm sure someone will, but we need to know what you are talking about...
    >
    > Do you mean your application that you have all the source code for, that
    > talks to MySQL? Have you tried to cross-compile it? What cross-compiler
    > environment did you finally use to build MySQL? What language is it written
    > in (C/C++/Something else)?
    >
    > Please try to describe the problem briefly, but as completely as possible.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Tim

    hai..
    Thanks for the responce.. i down loaded the mysql-5.0.41 from
    mysql.com.. and cross compiled using the following command ...
    ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
    cc=arm-linux-gcc.. in command prompt....
    am also created rootfs...and what i have to chage other than the above
    two command.. and what i have to change the makefile...for arm
    platform.
    first i just want to run the mysql daemon in arm processor(arm920)..

  4. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    svnatraj@gmail.com wrote:

    > hai..
    > Thanks for the responce.. i down loaded the mysql-5.0.41 from
    > mysql.com.. and cross compiled using the following command ...
    > ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
    > cc=arm-linux-gcc.. in command prompt....
    > am also created rootfs...and what i have to chage other than the above
    > two command.. and what i have to change the makefile...for arm
    > platform.
    > first i just want to run the mysql daemon in arm processor(arm920)..

    Oh...

    You mean that you have cross-compiled MySQL OK, but it is still sitting on
    your host computer (PC).

    Now you want to get it onto the ARM board?

    And you now have a rootfs for the ARM, with utilities (eg busybox) and a
    kernel?

    That's very hard to answer, without knowing anything about the ARM board.

    Have you ever booted the ARM board? Do you have any linux environment on it
    *right now*?

    Cheers

    Tim

  5. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    On Jul 12, 5:57 pm, Tim Southerwood wrote:
    > svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > hai..
    > > Thanks for the responce.. i down loaded the mysql-5.0.41 from
    > > mysql.com.. and cross compiled using the following command ...
    > > ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
    > > cc=arm-linux-gcc.. in command prompt....
    > > am also created rootfs...and what i have to chage other than the above
    > > two command.. and what i have to change the makefile...for arm
    > > platform.
    > > first i just want to run the mysql daemon in arm processor(arm920)..

    > Oh...
    >
    > You mean that you have cross-compiled MySQL OK, but it is still sitting on
    > your host computer (PC).
    >
    > Now you want to get it onto the ARM board?
    >
    > And you now have a rootfs for the ARM, with utilities (eg busybox) and a
    > kernel?
    >
    > That's very hard to answer, without knowing anything about the ARM board.
    >
    > Have you ever booted the ARM board? Do you have any linux environment on it
    > *right now*?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Tim

    hai..
    thanks for your response...we have the arm board

  6. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    svnatraj@gmail.com wrote:

    > On Jul 12, 5:57 pm, Tim Southerwood wrote:
    >> svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> > hai..
    >> > Thanks for the responce.. i down loaded the mysql-5.0.41 from
    >> > mysql.com.. and cross compiled using the following command ...
    >> > ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
    >> > cc=arm-linux-gcc.. in command prompt....
    >> > am also created rootfs...and what i have to chage other than the above
    >> > two command.. and what i have to change the makefile...for arm
    >> > platform.
    >> > first i just want to run the mysql daemon in arm processor(arm920)..

    >> Oh...
    >>
    >> You mean that you have cross-compiled MySQL OK, but it is still sitting
    >> on your host computer (PC).
    >>
    >> Now you want to get it onto the ARM board?
    >>
    >> And you now have a rootfs for the ARM, with utilities (eg busybox) and a
    >> kernel?
    >>
    >> That's very hard to answer, without knowing anything about the ARM board.
    >>
    >> Have you ever booted the ARM board? Do you have any linux environment on
    >> it *right now*?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Tim

    > hai..
    > thanks for your response...we have the arm board

    and?...

  7. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    On Jul 12, 5:57 pm, Tim Southerwood wrote:
    > svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > hai..
    > > Thanks for the responce.. i down loaded the mysql-5.0.41 from
    > > mysql.com.. and cross compiled using the following command ...
    > > ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
    > > cc=arm-linux-gcc.. in command prompt....
    > > am also created rootfs...and what i have to chage other than the above
    > > two command.. and what i have to change the makefile...for arm
    > > platform.
    > > first i just want to run the mysql daemon in arm processor(arm920)..

    > Oh...
    >
    > You mean that you have cross-compiled MySQL OK, but it is still sitting on
    > your host computer (PC).
    >
    > Now you want to get it onto the ARM board?
    >
    > And you now have a rootfs for the ARM, with utilities (eg busybox) and a
    > kernel?
    >
    > That's very hard to answer, without knowing anything about the ARM board.
    >
    > Have you ever booted the ARM board? Do you have any linux environment on it
    > *right now*?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Tim

    hai..

    Thanks for ur response.. i have the arm board LN2440, with S3c2440
    arm processor..i have already booted the arm processor..(os-linux),
    we have kernel and rootfs. busybox....The thing is how to configure
    the mysql makefile compatible with arm processor...
    rootf consist of
    --bin
    --dev
    ---etc
    ---lib
    --lost+found
    --mtd
    --proc
    --root
    --sbin
    --tmp
    --usr
    --var
    -linuxrc
    to bring the binary exec file..

    help me in this regard..thankyou

  8. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    svnatraj@gmail.com wrote:

    > On Jul 12, 5:57 pm, Tim Southerwood wrote:
    >> svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >> > hai..
    >> > Thanks for the responce.. i down loaded the mysql-5.0.41 from
    >> > mysql.com.. and cross compiled using the following command ...
    >> > ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
    >> > cc=arm-linux-gcc.. in command prompt....
    >> > am also created rootfs...and what i have to chage other than the above
    >> > two command.. and what i have to change the makefile...for arm
    >> > platform.
    >> > first i just want to run the mysql daemon in arm processor(arm920)..

    >> Oh...
    >>
    >> You mean that you have cross-compiled MySQL OK, but it is still sitting
    >> on your host computer (PC).
    >>
    >> Now you want to get it onto the ARM board?
    >>
    >> And you now have a rootfs for the ARM, with utilities (eg busybox) and a
    >> kernel?
    >>
    >> That's very hard to answer, without knowing anything about the ARM board.
    >>
    >> Have you ever booted the ARM board? Do you have any linux environment on
    >> it *right now*?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Tim

    > hai..
    >
    > Thanks for ur response.. i have the arm board LN2440, with S3c2440
    > arm processor..i have already booted the arm processor..(os-linux),
    > we have kernel and rootfs. busybox....The thing is how to configure
    > the mysql makefile compatible with arm processor...
    > rootf consist of
    > --bin
    > --dev
    > ---etc
    > ---lib
    > --lost+found
    > --mtd
    > --proc
    > --root
    > --sbin
    > --tmp
    > --usr
    > --var
    > -linuxrc
    > to bring the binary exec file..
    >
    > help me in this regard..thankyou

    I don't think you need to do anything special... If you can get MySQL to
    cross compile, why not try hand installing it on the running ARM systems
    (I'm assuming you either can connect removeable media, eg a USB key to the
    ARM board, or have a network connection.

    A typical system built on busybox looks fairly standard. Are you also using
    uclibc as your C library? Did you manage to get MySQL to compile with that,
    or are you using glibc?

    Cheers

    Tim

  9. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    On Jul 12, 8:39 pm, Tim Southerwood wrote:
    > svnat...@gmail.com wrote:

    > >> Oh...

    > >> You mean that you have cross-compiled MySQL OK, but it is still sitting
    > >> on your host computer (PC).

    > >> Now you want to get it onto the ARM board?

    > >> And you now have a rootfs for the ARM, with utilities (eg busybox) and a
    > >> kernel?

    > >> That's very hard to answer, without knowing anything about the ARM board.

    > >> Have you ever booted the ARM board? Do you have any linux environment on
    > >> it *right now*?

    > >> Cheers

    > >> Tim

    > > hai..

    > > Thanks for ur response.. i have the arm board LN2440, with S3c2440
    > > arm processor..i have already booted the arm processor..(os-linux),
    > > we have kernel and rootfs. busybox....The thing is how to configure
    > > the mysql makefile compatible with arm processor...
    > > rootf consist of
    > > --bin
    > > --dev
    > > ---etc
    > > ---lib
    > > --lost+found
    > > --mtd
    > > --proc
    > > --root
    > > --sbin
    > > --tmp
    > > --usr
    > > --var
    > > -linuxrc
    > > to bring the binary exec file..

    > > help me in this regard..thankyou

    > I don't think you need to do anything special... If you can get MySQL to
    > cross compile, why not try hand installing it on the running ARM systems
    > (I'm assuming you either can connect removeable media, eg a USB key to the
    > ARM board, or have a network connection.
    >
    > A typical system built on busybox looks fairly standard. Are you also using
    > uclibc as your C library? Did you manage to get MySQL to compile with that,
    > or are you using glibc?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Tim- Hide quoted text -

    hai..Tim
    Thankyou...yeah..that's why i asked the ?...about how to cross
    compile mysql... i didn't cross compile with uclib... i just done with
    following the two command...
    ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
    cc=arm-linux-gcc.. in command prompt....what i
    have to do other than this two command. i just down loaded the
    uclib-0.9.28.2.tar.bz2 after your message... how to cross compile with
    that... please help me...

  10. Re: mysql-server for arm processor

    svnatraj@gmail.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

    > hai..Tim
    > Thankyou...yeah..that's why i asked the ?...about how to cross
    > compile mysql... i didn't cross compile with uclib... i just done with
    > following the two command...
    > ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=i386-linux
    > cc=arm-linux-gcc.. in command prompt....what i
    > have to do other than this two command. i just down loaded the
    > uclib-0.9.28.2.tar.bz2 after your message... how to cross compile with
    > that... please help me...

    Hi,

    I just ran a micro-perl make on my copy of "buildroot" (a full cross
    compiler rootfs+kernel+uclibc build environment) and it started off like
    this (one line, wrapped) -

    make -j1 -f Makefile.micro
    CC=/vol/source/BuildRootCD/20070609/buildroot/build_i586/staging_dir/bin/i586-linux-uclibc-gcc
    OPTIMIZE="-Os -pipe -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" -C /vol/source/BuildRootCD/20070609/buildroot/build_i586/perl-5.8.8

    I *think* that once the correct gcc is invoked, it is configured to do
    the "right thing". Obviously, that is the "make" stage - you still need to
    get it to do a "make install" to the right place.

    Otherwise, I would very much recommend building the whole rootfs with
    buildroot - you can get it here:

    http://buildroot.uclibc.org/

    It does so many things right to start with and it is a well developed
    environment that is used for many real world embedded systems.

    At least there is a chance that MySQL might have been mentioned on their
    mailing list.

    Cheers

    Tim

+ Reply to Thread