Goofy problem - Linux

This is a discussion on Goofy problem - Linux ; I have a program that will run fine under gdb but fails to even start when executed at a shell prompt. It's the same executable. I don't even get the initial "Welcome" printf message which is line 1 after main(). ...

  1. Goofy problem

    I have a program that will run fine under gdb but fails to even start when
    executed at a shell prompt. It's the same executable. I don't even get the
    initial "Welcome" printf message which is line 1 after main().

    Again, this works fine if I gdb executablename and run it.

    Any ideas as I'm fresh out at the moment.

    TIA

  2. Re: Goofy problem

    "Mike" writes:
    >I have a program that will run fine under gdb but fails to even start when
    >executed at a shell prompt. It's the same executable. I don't even get the
    >initial "Welcome" printf message which is line 1 after main().
    >
    >Again, this works fine if I gdb executablename and run it.
    >
    >Any ideas as I'm fresh out at the moment.

    The name for executable is "test"?
    --
    Georg Acher, acher@in.tum.de
    http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher

  3. Re: Goofy problem

    Doh! It's not but was loading a diff executable thanks to "which".

    I can't believe I didn't think that through...

    Thanks much
    "Georg Acher" wrote in message
    > "Mike" writes:
    >>I have a program that will run fine under gdb but fails to even start when
    >>executed at a shell prompt. It's the same executable. I don't even get
    >>the
    >>initial "Welcome" printf message which is line 1 after main().
    >>
    >>Again, this works fine if I gdb executablename and run it.
    >>
    >>Any ideas as I'm fresh out at the moment.

    > The name for executable is "test"?
    > --
    > Georg Acher, acher@in.tum.de
    > http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher
    > "Oh no, not again !" The bowl of petunias

+ Reply to Thread