mysql-server for ARM processor - Linux

This is a discussion on mysql-server for ARM processor - Linux ; hai... am stranger to the Embedded linux.. currently am working in the ARM processor arm920..i need the details of Mysql-server compatible with arm processor for application development.. Where can i get that complete tar file and document of Mysql-server for ...

  1. mysql-server for ARM processor

    hai...

    am stranger to the Embedded linux.. currently am working in the ARM
    processor arm920..i need the details of Mysql-server compatible with
    arm processor for application development.. Where can i get that
    complete tar file and document of Mysql-server for ARM processor

  2. Re: mysql-server for ARM processor

    svnatraj@gmail.com wrote:
    > am stranger to the Embedded linux.. currently am working in the ARM
    > processor arm920..i need the details of Mysql-server compatible with
    > arm processor for application development.. Where can i get that
    > complete tar file and document of Mysql-server for ARM processor

    There's no precompiled version of MySQL for ARM processors as
    far as I can see, so you have to (cross)compile it yourself.
    The source for the newest release can be downloaded from

    http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#source

    Pick the one labled "Compressed GNU TAR archive (tar.gz)".

    Documentation cane be downloaded from

    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/

    But why would you want a MySQL server on an embedded device?

    Regards, Jens

  3. Re: mysql-server for ARM processor

    On Jul 9, 9:01 pm, j...@toerring.de (Jens Thoms Toerring) wrote:
    > svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > am stranger to the Embedded linux.. currently am working in the ARM
    > > processor arm920..i need the details of Mysql-server compatible with
    > > arm processor for application development.. Where can i get that
    > > complete tar file and document of Mysql-server for ARM processor

    > There's no precompiled version of MySQL for ARM processors as
    > far as I can see, so you have to (cross)compile it yourself.
    > The source for the newest release can be downloaded from
    >
    > http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#source
    >
    > Pick the one labled "Compressed GNU TAR archive (tar.gz)".
    >
    > Documentation cane be downloaded from
    >
    > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/
    >
    > But why would you want a MySQL server on an embedded device?
    >
    > Regards, Jens
    > --
    > \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ j...@toerring.de
    > \__________________________ http://toerring.de

    hai..

    Thanks for your information.. i have collected the files docu...arm-
    linux-cross compilers

  4. Re: mysql-server for ARM processor

    On Jul 9, 9:01 pm, j...@toerring.de (Jens Thoms Toerring) wrote:
    > svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > am stranger to the Embedded linux.. currently am working in the ARM
    > > processor arm920..i need the details of Mysql-server compatible with
    > > arm processor for application development.. Where can i get that
    > > complete tar file and document of Mysql-server for ARM processor

    > There's no precompiled version of MySQL for ARM processors as
    > far as I can see, so you have to (cross)compile it yourself.
    > The source for the newest release can be downloaded from
    >
    > http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#source
    >
    > Pick the one labled "Compressed GNU TAR archive (tar.gz)".
    >
    > Documentation cane be downloaded from
    >
    > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/
    >
    > But why would you want a MySQL server on an embedded device?
    >
    > Regards, Jens
    > --
    > \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ j...@toerring.de
    > \__________________________ http://toerring.

    just embedding the sql server and web server for application
    development...thankyou..

  5. Re: mysql-server for ARM processor

    On Jul 9, 8:58 pm, svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hai...
    >
    > am stranger to the Embedded linux.. currently am working in the ARM
    > processor arm920..i need the details of Mysql-server compatible with
    > arm processor for application development.. Where can i get that
    > complete tar file and document of Mysql-server for ARM processor

    Most hardware unrelated software can be easily ported to various
    platforms using corresponding cross compiler, for software who uses
    GNU autoconfig, the common steps are:

    export CC=arm-linux-gcc
    ../configure --host=arm-linux
    make

  6. Re: mysql-server for ARM processor

    On Jul 10, 12:18 pm, Bin Chen wrote:
    > On Jul 9, 8:58 pm, svnat...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > hai...

    > > am stranger to the Embedded linux.. currently am working in the ARM
    > > processor arm920..i need the details of Mysql-server compatible with
    > > arm processor for application development.. Where can i get that
    > > complete tar file and document of Mysql-server for ARM processor

    > Most hardware unrelated software can be easily ported to various
    > platforms using corresponding cross compiler, for software who uses
    > GNU autoconfig, the common steps are:
    >
    > export CC=arm-linux-gcc
    > ./configure --host=arm-linux
    > make

    hai..

    i have cross compiled mysql server without error...and now how can i
    port that application to my target porcessor... my target processor
    is arm920...

+ Reply to Thread