Query in adding application in Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Query in adding application in Linux - Linux ; On a sunny day (Sat, 14 Jul 2007 02:52:59 -0700) it happened kracks wrote in : >Hi, > Thanks to Janpantelyje and JensToms Toerring > I added simple application to rootfilesystem and my application runs >once kernel > is up. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Query in adding application in Linux

    <1184406779.023486.5670@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.co m>:

    >Hi,
    > Thanks to Janpantelyje and JensToms Toerring
    > I added simple application to rootfilesystem and my application runs
    >once kernel
    > is up.

    You are welcome.

    > My next thing is adding SQL server to my target device as an
    >application.
    > I have SQL server which i downloaded from net.
    > But its for PC. And further the Make file there is for PC
    >application.
    > How can i load SQL server to my target board ie.for ARM processor.
    >How can i compile it for ARM.
    > Shall i get Make file for ARM processor.
    > i have another doubt.
    >How much MB will be compiled version of SQL server for ARM processor

    A bit _bigger_ I suppose then the PC version (due to other instruction set and architecture).

    > Shall i get compiled version of SQL server for ARM processor.
    > Is there any website which give compiled version of SQL server for
    >ARM processor.
    > If i get i will move to Root file system.

    I would expect to find very few applications of SQL for embedded, you are likely on your own.

    >In some cases i add some application or libraries to root file system
    >of target device it says "
    >"Not enough space in RAMDISK"

    Exactly, embedded systems do not normally have enough resources (say FLASH, diskspace,
    and memory, for something like a big database system.

    >How can i increase the size of root file system?

    Add more memory (hardware)?

    The question you must ask yourself is:
    1) Why do I want to use [M]SQL on the embedded system?
    2) Can it be done in a simpler (less resources eating) way?
    3) Can you add memory and permanent storage space to your embedded system?
    4) If this is possible do you also need to upgrade power supply?
    In such a case, if it gets really big, you may as well use a PC motherboard..... X86 system.

    Perhaps you need to use the SQL for a web server?
    Do you have, or need, PHP installed too?

    >Suggest me in resolving this issue.

    To many unknowns.
    beep

  2. Re: Query in adding application in Linux

    On Jul 14, 3:07 pm, Jan Panteltje wrote:
    > On a sunny day (Sat, 14 Jul 2007 02:52:59 -0700) it happened kracks
    > wrote in
    > <1184406779.023486.5...@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.co m>:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > > Thanks to Janpantelyje and JensToms Toerring
    > > I added simple application to rootfilesystem and my application runs
    > >once kernel
    > > is up.

    > You are welcome.
    >
    > > My next thing is adding SQL server to my target device as an
    > >application.
    > > I have SQL server which i downloaded from net.
    > > But its for PC. And further the Make file there is for PC
    > >application.
    > > How can i load SQL server to my target board ie.for ARM processor.
    > >How can i compile it for ARM.
    > > Shall i get Make file for ARM processor.
    > > i have another doubt.
    > >How much MB will be compiled version of SQL server for ARM processor

    > A bit _bigger_ I suppose then the PC version (due to other instruction set and architecture).
    >
    > > Shall i get compiled version of SQL server for ARM processor.
    > > Is there any website which give compiled version of SQL server for
    > >ARM processor.
    > > If i get i will move to Root file system.

    > I would expect to find very few applications of SQL for embedded, you are likely on your own.
    >
    > >In some cases i add some application or libraries to root file system
    > >of target device it says "
    > >"Not enough space in RAMDISK"

    > Exactly, embedded systems do not normally have enough resources (say FLASH, diskspace,
    > and memory, for something like a big database system.
    >
    > >How can i increase the size of root file system?

    > Add more memory (hardware)?
    >
    > The question you must ask yourself is:
    > 1) Why do I want to use [M]SQL on the embedded system?
    > 2) Can it be done in a simpler (less resources eating) way?
    > 3) Can you add memory and permanent storage space to your embedded system?
    > 4) If this is possible do you also need to upgrade power supply?
    > In such a case, if it gets really big, you may as well use a PC motherboard..... X86 system.
    >
    > Perhaps you need to use the SQL for a web server?
    > Do you have, or need, PHP installed too?
    >
    > >Suggest me in resolving this issue.

    > To many unknowns.
    > beep

    Hi,
    We are creating webserver based application.
    We need database for storing information.
    I have some SQL server downloaded from net.
    I saw the make file.Its compatible for PC only.
    I want to compile SQL server for ARM processor and i want to load to
    target device.
    Once i load to target device my application (SQL server) should run.

    Whether SQL server for PC can be compiled for ARM processor or SQL
    lite is also there.
    I am not sure which one to choose for ARM processor.

    In my target board i have flash of size 512Mb.

    Where can i get executable files for SQL Server for ARM CPU.

    If i get executable file for ARM i will put it in rootfile system and
    i will load to target device.

    In Linux PC i tried to add files to Filesystem of target system.
    It says "Not enough space in Filesystem

    Is there any way to increase the size of Filesystem of target board.

    Regards,
    Kirthika

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2