how to debug my won kernel module? - Linux

This is a discussion on how to debug my won kernel module? - Linux ; hi, I'd like to know how to debug my won kernel module? gdb is working for my own kernel module? Thanks....

  1. how to debug my won kernel module?

    hi,
    I'd like to know how to debug my won kernel module?

    gdb is working for my own kernel module?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: how to debug my won kernel module?

    google-rambo88 coughed up some electrons that declared:

    > hi,
    > I'd like to know how to debug my won kernel module?
    >
    > gdb is working for my own kernel module?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Sorry, don't know - but you should probably try google on:

    debugging linux kernel

    IIRC the kernel debugger needs to be patched in, ie it's not a standard part
    of the source any more.

    You could also get "old skool" and use lots of printk()'s - it may be
    sufficient for you.

    Cheers

    Tim

+ Reply to Thread