High-performance 2D vector graphics library for Linux and OS X - Linux

This is a discussion on High-performance 2D vector graphics library for Linux and OS X - Linux ; Smoke is a 2D vector graphics library that renders efficiently using OpenGL and isotropic multiresolution techniques: http://www.ffconsultancy.com/product...ctor_graphics/ This library is a perfect foundation for cross-platform graphing, charting, GUI and visualization applications. -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy The ...

  1. High-performance 2D vector graphics library for Linux and OS X

    Smoke is a 2D vector graphics library that renders efficiently using OpenGL
    and isotropic multiresolution techniques:

    http://www.ffconsultancy.com/product...ctor_graphics/

    This library is a perfect foundation for cross-platform graphing, charting,
    GUI and visualization applications.

    The OCaml Journal
    http://www.ffconsultancy.com/product...ournal/?usenet

  2. Re: High-performance 2D vector graphics library for Linux and OS X

    On a sunny day (Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:45:10 +0100) it happened Jon Harrop
    wrote in
    <4679852b$0$8717$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>:

    >Smoke is a 2D vector graphics library that renders efficiently using OpenGL
    >and isotropic multiresolution techniques:

    Too bad I have no clue what 'isotropic multiresolution' is,
    new buzz word?

  3. Re: High-performance 2D vector graphics library for Linux and OS X

    Jan Panteltje wrote:
    > On a sunny day (Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:45:10 +0100) it happened Jon Harrop
    > wrote in
    > <4679852b$0$8717$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>:
    >>Smoke is a 2D vector graphics library that renders efficiently using
    >>OpenGL and isotropic multiresolution techniques:

    > Too bad I have no clue what 'isotropic multiresolution' is,
    > new buzz word?

    Old buzz word. This is the technique used by Google Earth to render the
    whole planet and allow you to zoom into tiny detail (e.g. your house).

    Smoke does the same thing but for vector graphics (like PostScript) rather
    than a huge spherical texture map. The tiger demo illustrates this: you can
    zoom into the eye of the tiger and Smoke will maintain interactive frame
    rates.

    That's the "multiresolution". The "isotropic" refers to the fact that Smoke
    retains performance even when you apply arbitrary affine transformations.

    The OCaml Journal
    http://www.ffconsultancy.com/product...ournal/?usenet

  4. Re: High-performance 2D vector graphics library for Linux and OS X

    On a sunny day (Thu, 21 Jun 2007 03:47:07 +0100) it happened Jon Harrop
    wrote in
    <4679e810$0$8715$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>:

    >Jan Panteltje wrote:
    >> On a sunny day (Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:45:10 +0100) it happened Jon Harrop
    >> wrote in
    >> <4679852b$0$8717$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>:
    >>>Smoke is a 2D vector graphics library that renders efficiently using
    >>>OpenGL and isotropic multiresolution techniques:

    >> Too bad I have no clue what 'isotropic multiresolution' is,
    >> new buzz word?

    >Old buzz word. This is the technique used by Google Earth to render the
    >whole planet and allow you to zoom into tiny detail (e.g. your house).
    >
    >Smoke does the same thing but for vector graphics (like PostScript) rather
    >than a huge spherical texture map. The tiger demo illustrates this: you can
    >zoom into the eye of the tiger and Smoke will maintain interactive frame
    >rates.
    >
    >That's the "multiresolution". The "isotropic" refers to the fact that Smoke
    >retains performance even when you apply arbitrary affine transformations.

    Thank you for explaning :-)

  5. Re: High-performance 2D vector graphics library for Linux and OS X

    Jan Panteltje wrote:
    > Thank you for explaning :-)

    Any time. :-)

    The OCaml Journal