TCP keep-alive mode? when it goes into? - Linux

This is a discussion on TCP keep-alive mode? when it goes into? - Linux ; Hi. I want to send big image data from linux box to windows client.. from Linux server socket , it just send while ( end of file ) { write ( clientfd ... ) } On the client , it ...

  1. TCP keep-alive mode? when it goes into?

    Hi.

    I want to send big image data from linux box to windows client..

    from Linux server socket , it just send

    while ( end of file )
    {
    write ( clientfd ... )
    }

    On the client , it just receive...

    while ( read (socketfd , , ) ) ;

    normally, it send whole data to windows clients...
    but , it sometimes , it entered to KEEP-ALIVE mode... and stop its
    sending... just keep only TCP connection..

    I don't know why it goes into KEPP-ALIVE mode?
    When I capture TCP packet , I can see follwings...

    No Time source Desti Protocol Info
    6514 27.04555 x y TCP [TCP Keep-Alive]
    5001 > 4656 [ACK] seq=5560059 ACk=0 Win=5840

    Have a nice day.

  2. Re: TCP keep-alive mode? when it goes into?

    In article ,
    google-rambo88 wrote:

    > I don't know why it goes into KEPP-ALIVE mode?

    It'd only do that if the connection is idle.

    --
    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-net/

+ Reply to Thread