SDL window cause display to blink - Linux

This is a discussion on SDL window cause display to blink - Linux ; Hello, I have a Dell 1907FP 19" digital lcd. When I start an SDL app like MPlayer (in window mode), my display blinks for a second or two. I have the monitor connected to the DVI port of an ATI ...

  1. SDL window cause display to blink

    Hello,

    I have a Dell 1907FP 19" digital lcd. When I start an SDL app like MPlayer
    (in window mode), my display blinks for a second or two. I have the monitor
    connected to the DVI port of an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.

    I created a small SDL app to test, and the blink happens when
    SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) or SDL_InitSubSystem(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) is executed.

    I've tried to search using google but I can't seem to get the right search
    terms. Does anyone else experience their display blinking?

    Thanks.

    --
    Chris

  2. Re: SDL window cause display to blink

    Chris wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a Dell 1907FP 19" digital lcd. When I start an SDL app like MPlayer
    > (in window mode), my display blinks for a second or two. I have the
    > monitor connected to the DVI port of an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro.
    >
    > I created a small SDL app to test, and the blink happens when
    > SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) or SDL_InitSubSystem(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) is executed.
    >
    > I've tried to search using google but I can't seem to get the right search
    > terms. Does anyone else experience their display blinking?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Turns out the problem is with the DVI connection. When I use the analog
    connection, the problem is solved. Unfortunately, the image quality with
    the analog is pretty bad when compared to the DVI image quality. I guess I
    will have to live with it till ATI fixes their fglrx driver (no problems
    with DVI + fbdev).

    --
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread