GSM library needed for make phone calls - Linux

This is a discussion on GSM library needed for make phone calls - Linux ; Hi All, I need to make and receive calls through GSM mobile using Linux. Please let me know, if any libraries are available for this? I found gsmlib library in which I found only SMS and Phonebook manipulation services are ...

  1. GSM library needed for make phone calls

    Hi All,

    I need to make and receive calls through GSM mobile using Linux.
    Please let me know, if any libraries are available for this? I found
    gsmlib library in which I found only SMS and Phonebook manipulation
    services are available(Correct me if I am wrong), Similary I need a
    library through which I can make or receive GSM calls, if not
    available, please give some comments how to implement it.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Hari

  2. Re: GSM library needed for make phone calls

    On Jun 13, 6:21 pm, Hari wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need to make and receive calls through GSM mobile using Linux.
    > Please let me know, if any libraries are available for this? I found
    > gsmlib library in which I found only SMS and Phonebook manipulation
    > services are available(Correct me if I am wrong), Similary I need a
    > library through which I can make or receive GSM calls, if not
    > available, please give some comments how to implement it.

    To receive/send call is easy, but I suggest you read the 3GPP spec
    07.07 first.
    ATD
    ATH
    RING