How to compile with gcc for i386 - Linux

This is a discussion on How to compile with gcc for i386 - Linux ; Hello, I have an Athlon X2 64 and I whant to compile some programs not for x86_64, just for x86. I try -march=i386 but dosen't work Thank you...

  1. How to compile with gcc for i386

    Hello, I have an Athlon X2 64 and I whant to compile some programs not
    for x86_64, just for x86.
    I try -march=i386 but dosen't work

    Thank you

  2. Re: How to compile with gcc for i386

    orfeu wrote:
    > Hello, I have an Athlon X2 64 and I whant to compile some programs not
    > for x86_64, just for x86.
    > I try -march=i386 but dosen't work
    >
    > Thank you

    Try -m32 instead.