New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days. - Linux

This is a discussion on New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days. - Linux ; After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used. New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days....

  1. New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

  2. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    Perry Penguin wrote:
    > After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    > New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    I sure hope that'll be VisualBasic, everything else is kid's toys.

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett

  3. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    Josef Moellers writes:
    > Perry Penguin wrote:
    >> After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    >> New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    > I sure hope that'll be VisualBasic, everything else is kid's toys.

    What about InvisibleBasic?

  4. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    Perry Penguin wrote:
    > After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    > New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    Is it .Net?

    --
    Milan Babuskov
    http://njam.sourceforge.net

  5. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    On 2007-03-27, Perry Penguin wrote:

    > After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    > New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    Bravo! I think this is the development that will definitely
    allow Linux to finally displace MS Windows in the hearts and
    desktops of both corporate and home users.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Yow! I'm having a
    at quadraphonic sensation

  6. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    Rainer Weikusat wrote:
    > Josef Moellers writes:
    >
    >>Perry Penguin wrote:
    >>
    >>>After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    >>>New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    >>I sure hope that'll be VisualBasic, everything else is kid's toys.

    > What about InvisibleBasic?

    Well, as you know, that's only allowed for highly secure OSes. Export
    restrictions apply.

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett

  7. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    I wrote a UNIX in BASIC for the VIC-20 long ago. It didn't have all
    the commands, however. In fact it was pretty much confined to
    mimicing a characteristic stty screwup before you log in, letting
    you ls [-l], and dumping core, but what can you do in 2k of memory.
    --
    Ron Hardin
    rhhardin@mindspring.com

  8. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    In article , Perry Penguin
    wrote:

    > After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    > New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    I think you should have waited 5 days to post the announcement.

  9. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    On 2007-03-27, Perry Penguin wrote:
    > After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    > New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    wouldn't J# be better suited?

    Bye.
    Jasen

  10. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    Ron Hardin wrote:
    > I wrote a UNIX in BASIC for the VIC-20 long ago. It didn't have all
    > the commands, however. In fact it was pretty much confined to
    > mimicing a characteristic stty screwup before you log in, letting
    > you ls [-l], and dumping core, but what can you do in 2k of memory.

    What is "a UNIX"? ITYM "I wrote a copule of UNIX-like commands" or "I
    wrote a UNIX-like shell"? IDTYM "I wrote a UNIX kernel"!

    A lot of people did that and it was great fun to have a familiar
    environment.

    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett

  11. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    Rainer Weikusat wrote:
    >>I sure hope that'll be VisualBasic, everything else is kid's toys.

    > What about InvisibleBasic?

    Or perhaps StealthBasic version 117A.

    --
    Milan Babuskov
    http://njam.sourceforge.net

  12. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    On 2007-03-28, Josef Moellers wrote:
    > Ron Hardin wrote:
    >> I wrote a UNIX in BASIC for the VIC-20 long ago. It didn't have all
    >> the commands, however. In fact it was pretty much confined to
    >> mimicing a characteristic stty screwup before you log in, letting
    >> you ls [-l], and dumping core, but what can you do in 2k of memory.

    > What is "a UNIX"? ITYM "I wrote a copule of UNIX-like commands" or "I
    > wrote a UNIX-like shell"? IDTYM "I wrote a UNIX kernel"!

    Yes, I think that is what he meant.

    > A lot of people did that and it was great fun to have a
    > familiar environment.

    Speaking of fun...

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! Today, THREE WINOS
    at from DETROIT sold me a

  13. Re: New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    In article , Perry Penguin wrote:

    >After the discussion C versus C++, BASIC will now be used.
    >New Linux kernel written in BASIC to be released in 5 days.

    That's certainly the perfect date for it.

    --
    http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/

+ Reply to Thread