Glibc question (is is adequate to ask here?) - Linux

This is a discussion on Glibc question (is is adequate to ask here?) - Linux ; (Pls kind inform me if it is not the right ML to ask this) Hi, In malloc/malloc.c there defines bin_at macro, but I don't know why this way bin_at can find the bin address, #define bin_at(m, i) ((mbinptr)((char*)&((m)->bins[(i) (SIZE_SZ Anyone ...

  1. Glibc question (is is adequate to ask here?)

    (Pls kind inform me if it is not the right ML to ask this)

    Hi,

    In malloc/malloc.c there defines bin_at macro, but I don't know why
    this way bin_at can find the bin address,

    #define bin_at(m, i) ((mbinptr)((char*)&((m)->bins[(i)<<1]) -
    (SIZE_SZ<<1)))

    Anyone help to explain this?

    Thanks a lot.
    Bin Chen

  2. Re: Glibc question (is is adequate to ask here?)

    Hello Bin,

    > (Pls kind inform me if it is not the right ML to ask this)
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > In malloc/malloc.c there defines bin_at macro, but I don't know why
    > this way bin_at can find the bin address,
    >
    > #define bin_at(m, i) ((mbinptr)((char*)&((m)->bins[(i)<<1]) -
    > (SIZE_SZ<<1)))
    >
    > Anyone help to explain this?

    perhaps you should try your luck on the libc-alpha ML located at
    sources.redhat.com.

    Cheers,
    Loic.

  3. Re: Glibc question (is is adequate to ask here?)

    On Jan 26, 8:22 pm, "Loic Domaigne" wrote:
    > Hello Bin,
    >
    > > (Pls kind inform me if it is not the right ML to ask this)

    > > Hi,

    > > In malloc/malloc.c there defines bin_at macro, but I don't know why
    > > this way bin_at can find the bin address,

    > > #define bin_at(m, i) ((mbinptr)((char*)&((m)->bins[(i)<<1]) -
    > > (SIZE_SZ<<1)))

    > > Anyone help to explain this?perhaps you should try your luck on the libc-alpha ML located at

    > sources.redhat.com.

    Thank you, I have done so, but it seems it is very inactive. I wonder
    how glibc developers communicate with each other? A private ML or IRC?

    > Cheers,
    > Loic.

+ Reply to Thread